Aeries is designed to meet the requirements of attendance accounting and reporting in Texas. The Texas - Attendance Reconciliation Knowledge Base articles provide instructions for the Aeries pages that facilitate these requirements.
The TEA Student Attendance Accounting Handbook (SAAH) provides the official attendance accounting requirements for all public school districts and open-enrollment charter schools in Texas and should be carefully reviewed. Each district must establish and maintain a procedures manual that provides specific, detailed information on the district’s school attendance accounting system, as described in the SAAH, section 2.2.5 Attendance System Procedures Manual.
Reminder: For official attendance accounting purposes, Excused and Unexcused absences do not exist. Students present at the official attendance-taking time are counted present for funding purposes.
To ensure that attendance is accurately reported, the following practices are recommended. Also, see Texas - Managing Hybrid Attendance and Scheduling for 2020-2021 for procedure change recommendations for COVID-19.
- Configure the six-week Reporting Periods on the Attendance Reporting Periods page.
- Set up School Options related to Attendance.
- All Day Attendance Management
- ADA Attendance Time, if All Day Attendance Management = Attendance Time
- Attendance Type
- Attendance Reporting
- Set campus Portal options for Attendance.
- Set up Attendance Codes.
- Assign teachers to the Teacher Portal Group to associate them with correct permissions.
- Texas - Attendance Reconciliation - Daily and Weekly Steps
- Texas - Attendance Reconciliation - Six-Week Reporting Period Steps
- Texas - Attendance Reconciliation - 1st/4th Six Weeks Reconciliation Steps (coming soon)
- Texas - Attendance Reconciliation - Supporting Documentation (coming soon)
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing attendance accounting.
|Aeries Page/Report||Action||Table||User Permissions Needed|
|Attendance Reporting Periods||View||ARP (Attendance Reporting Periods)||Read|
|Add or Delete|
Read, Insert, Update, Delete
Update Absence Codes
|Add||ABS (Absence Codes)|
Read, Insert, Update