Navigate to Student Data > Demographics
The teacher Class Attendance page is designed to allow teachers to take attendance for students in their classroom. The page has many new features such as taking attendance by section, multi-school attendance, mass apply attendance codes and quick notes; all determined by the settings on the Portal Options screen. When accessing the attendance page, the current period displayed is determined by the Class Calendar and Flex Periods.
Add new record
|Absence Code (ABS)||Read||View page|
Portal Options ↑
The teacher's display is determined by the Attendance Portal Options that have been specified by the district. The Portal Options determine the following on the Attendance page:
- Which attendance codes are available to teachers for attendance submission
- The date ranges which teachers are able to submit or modify attendance
- The time ranges which teachers are able to submit or modify attendance
- Whether teachers can view, submit or modify Attendance Notes
- The number of days that student add/drops are displayed on the Attendance page
- Any additional student data fields displayed on the Attendance page
- Lunch Count submission
Taking Attendance ↑
When logged in as a teacher, navigate to Attendance. A tab will display for each school the teacher has associated classes if Multi-School Attendance has been enabled. The class attendance page will default to display the current date and the current period the teacher is expected to take attendance in.
Attendance can be taken individually or using Mass Apply options.
- Mass Apply - When teachers have been given the Mass Apply permissions, this section will display with filter options:
- All Class Values - When teachers have multiple sections in the same period, these class sections will display under "All Class Values" and can be used in Mass Apply options.
- All Grade Values - Teacher can mass apply attendance and/or notes according to grade levels
- All Language Fluency Values - Teachers can mass apply attendance and/or notes according to language fluencies.
- All Programs - Teachers can mass apply attendance and/or notes according Program codes.
- Other categories according to portal options - Additional information will display based on defined data under Student Fields on Attendance Screen from the Portal Options.
- For Flex schools, it is necessary to take attendance with the portal option enabled for Attendance to be Taken (Marked as Complete) by Section. This option is used in flex schools since the CAS records are linked to the MST by Section number instead of Teacher number. In order for the Attendance Submission Log to display correctly in Flex schools, this setting must be enabled. See Portal Options for more details.
- Mass Apply Quick Notes can be set up so teachers can mass apply notes to multiple students at a time. See Attendance Notes for details.
To change the date or period to post attendance for, click the Attendance Date or Period dropdown at the top of the page. Select from the list of flex periods associated to the teacher.
NOTE: Teachers MUST submit Attendance everyday. If all students are present, use the All Remaining Students Are Present button to log attendance submission. Ensure that the Attendance to be Taken (Marked as Complete) by Section is enabled.