The TSDS Child Find submission is a combination of State Performance Plan Indicator 11 (SPPI-11) and State Performance Plan Indicator 12 (SPPI-12) which are needed to meet federal reporting of requirements related to special education Child Find activities.
SPPI-11 refers to the timely evaluation of students, ages 3-21, for special education services under Part B of IDEA.
SPPI-12 refers to children who are referred from Part C of IDEA prior to age 3, found eligible for Part B of IDEA, and have an IEP developed and implemented by their third birthday to receive early childhood special education (ECSE) services from an LEA.
Aeries provides tools to extract the appropriate data for the Child Find Submission from the district's Student Information System (SIS) database. The extract programs create the files that can be submitted to TEA.
For a complete list of extract rules and edits, see TSDS Web-Enabled Data Standards (TWEDS).
Interchanges (Field Mapping & Rules) ↑
The following interchanges are included in the Child Find Submission. Field mapping and rules for each interchanges are provided on these pages:
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing TSDS submissions.
|Other - State Reporting||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Other Student Data - Student SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Staff Data - Staff SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
Additionally, users will need appropriate permission to view or update the individual tables that are used for maintaining data fields used in Texas State Reporting.
Configuration & Prior Steps ↑
- Any local codes used for Child Find fields must be added from Update Code Table. The local codes will need to be translated to TSDS codes, described below.
- Child Find evaluation data is entered on Special Education > General under Evaluation Information - Child Find. Only students whose Elig Determination Date (CSE.EDD) is on or between July 1 and June 30 of the current school year are reported.
- Students are not required to have an enrollment record in order to be considered for the Child Find extract.
Navigate to School Info > Imports and Exports > Texas State Reporting
Before creating extracts, verify the settings on the TSDS/PEIMS Options, Code Translations, and Schools tab:
TSDS/PEIMS Options Tab
Expand the TSDS/PEIMS Options tab to set various options before creating extracts. See Texas State Reporting - Options Tab.
Code Translations Tab
Expand the Code Translations tab to map certain custom/local codes to the required PEIMS/TSDS codes. See Texas State Reporting - Code Translations Tab.
For the Child Find Submission, the following Code Sets should be reviewed and updated if needed:
- Program Type (SPR.CD)
- Student Suffix (STU.SF)
WARNING: If the TSDS/PEIMS Description (right column) is left blank, the code will be extracted as blank. It is recommended that you do not click Add Local Codes unless all COD values will be translated. Clicking Add Local Codes is optional and may not be needed if the district does not need to translate many codes. In this case, rows can be added individually.
Expand the Schools tab to select the schools to include when extracting data. See Texas State Reporting - Schools Tab.
Child Find Tab
The default name for the individual files is District_Campus_Collection_TimeStamp_Interchange.xml, where:
- District is the six-digit county-district number
- Campus is the three-digit campus ID (or 000 if district wide)
- Collection is the nine-character collection (ending school year & submission)
- TimeStamp is the 12-digit date-time-stamp when the interchange was created (YYYYMMDDHHMM)
- Interchange is the name of the interchange created