The TSDS Class Roster Submission is one of the Core Collection Submissions required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). LEAs must collect and report information required to link a student’s assessment results to the teacher who provided the associated instruction. This collection enables testing vendors to return assessment results to TEA at the class roster level.
There are two submissions: Fall and Winter. They collect the same information, except:
- Fall reports students in grades 1-12.
- Winter reports students in grades EE-12.
Aeries provides tools to extract the appropriate data for the Class Roster Submission from the district's Student Information System (SIS) database. The extract programs create the files that can be submitted to TEA.
For a complete list of extract rules and edits, see TSDS Web-Enabled Data Standards (TWEDS).
Interchanges (Field Mapping & Rules) ↑
The following interchanges are included in the Class Roster Submission. Field mapping and rules for each interchanges are provided on these pages:
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing TSDS submissions.
|Other - State Reporting||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Other Student Data - Student SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Staff Data - Staff SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
Additionally, users will need appropriate permission to view or update the individual tables that are used for maintaining data fields used in Texas State Reporting.
Configuration & Prior Steps ↑
- Any local codes used for Class Roster fields must be added from Update Code Table. The local codes will need to be translated to TSDS codes, described below.
Navigate to School Info > Imports and Exports > Texas State Reporting
Before creating extracts, verify the settings on the TSDS/PEIMS Options, Code Translations, and Schools tab:
TSDS/PEIMS Options Tab
Expand the TSDS/PEIMS Options tab to set various options before creating extracts. See Texas State Reporting - Options Tab.
Code Translations Tab
Expand the Code Translations tab to map certain custom/local codes to the required PEIMS/TSDS codes. See Texas State Reporting - Code Translations Tab.
For the Class Roster Submission, the following Code Sets should be reviewed and updated if needed:
- Non-Campus Based Instruction (CRS.NCI)
- Semester Sequence Type (CRS.CSQ)
- Student Gender (STU.GN)
- Student Race (STU.RC1)
- Subject Area (CRS.S1)
WARNING: If the TSDS/PEIMS Description (right column) is left blank, the code will be extracted as blank. It is recommended that you do not click Add Local Codes unless all COD values will be translated. Clicking Add Local Codes is optional and may not be needed if the district does not need to translate many codes. In this case, rows can be added individually.
Expand the Schools tab to select the schools to include when extracting data. See Texas State Reporting - Schools Tab.
Class Roster Tab
Expand the Class Roster tab to create the XML extract files for the Class Roster Fall or Winter Submission.
- Under Template Selection, click Fall or Winter.
- The files required for the Class Roster Submission are automatically selected. You can modify the selections.
- Click Create Selected Class Roster Files.
Once created, the XML files are listed individually in the File Download section and can be downloaded individually by clicking the Download icon.
The default name for the individual files is District_Campus_Collection_TimeStamp_Interchange.xml, where:
- District is the six-digit county-district number
- Campus is the three-digit campus ID (or 000 if district wide)
- Collection is the nine-character collection (ending school year & submission)
- TimeStamp is the 12-digit date-time-stamp when the interchange was created (YYYYMMDDHHMM)
- Interchange is the name of the interchange created