Interchanges (Field Mapping & Rules)
The purpose of the Texas Charter School Waitlist submission is to collect information about enrollment and the use of a waitlist, including:
- Students who have applied but are not enrolled in the charter school
- Students who are on a waitlist
- Number of students enrolled
- Educational enrollment capacity
Aeries provides tools to extract the appropriate data for the Charter School Waitlist Submission from the district's Student Information System (SIS) database. The extract programs create the files that can be submitted to TEA.
For a complete list of extract rules and edits, see TSDS Web-Enabled Data Standards (TWEDS).
Interchanges (Field Mapping & Rules) ↑
The following interchanges are included in the Charter School Waitlist submission. Field mapping and rules for each interchanges are provided on these pages:
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing TSDS submissions.
|Other - State Reporting||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Other Student Data - Student SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Staff Data - Staff SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
Additionally, users will need appropriate permission to view or update the individual tables that are used for maintaining data fields used in Texas State Reporting.
Configuration & Prior Steps ↑
- Any local codes used for Charter School Waitlist fields must be added from Update Code Table. The local codes will need to be translated to TSDS codes, described below.
On School Options (District), the Show Charter School Waitlist Collection option must be enabled in order to display the Charter School Waitlist tab on the Texas State Reporting page,
- A Transfer or Applicants school should be used to hold students who are on the waitlist but not enrolled in the district. This school must be entered on School Of Choice Options in the Aeries School Code for New Students Requesting an Inter-District Transfer field (DPT.CD where DPT.NM = 'SchoolOfChoiceReq_NewStuSC').
See School of Choice - Overview.
- On School Options, the following fields must be set for each charter school, including Transfer or Applicant schools:
- Charter Status is Open Enrollment (LOC.CHS = 03)
- Enrollment Capacity
- Utilize Waitlist is selected (LOC.UW = 1)
NOTE: Schools are only extracted for Charter School Waitlist if LOC.CHS = 03 and LOC.UW = 1)
- Use the School of Choice Requests page to enter information required for students on the waitlist:
The Snapshot Date is the last Friday in September.
Only the following students are extracted:
- Has a Texas Unique ID (STU.CID)
- 1st School Choice (SCR.SC1) is a charter school (E0266)
- Waitlist Status = On Waitlist (SCD.WS = Y)
- Waitlist Status = Previously on Waitlist (SCD.WS = P) on the Snapshot Date
- Decision Date is before Snapshot Date (SCD.DDT > Snapshot Date)
- Has applied but is not enrolled in the charter school as of the Snapshot Date
- The student can be enrolled in a different school in the district
- The student can be recorded in the Transfer school in the district
Navigate to School Info > Imports and Exports > Texas State Reporting
Before creating extracts, verify the settings on the TSDS/PEIMS Options, Code Translations, and Schools tab:
TSDS/PEIMS Options Tab
Expand the TSDS/PEIMS Options tab to set various options before creating extracts. See Texas State Reporting - Options Tab.
Code Translations Tab
Expand the Code Translations tab to map certain custom/local codes to the required PEIMS/TSDS codes. See Texas State Reporting - Code Translations Tab.
For the Charter School Waitlist Submission, the following Code Set should be reviewed and updated if needed:
- Student Suffix (STU.SF)
WARNING: If the TSDS/PEIMS Description (right column) is left blank, the code will be extracted as blank. It is recommended that you do not click Add Local Codes unless all COD values will be translated. Clicking Add Local Codes is optional and may not be needed if the district does not need to translate many codes. In this case, rows can be added individually.
Expand the Schools tab to select the schools to include when extracting data. See Texas State Reporting - Schools Tab.
Charter School Waitlist Tab
Expand the Charter School Waitlist tab to create the XML extract files for the Charter School Waitlist Submission.
The tab is only visible if enabled at the district level. See the Configuration and Prior Steps section above.
- The files required for the Charter School Waitlist Submission are automatically selected. You can modify the selections.
- Click Create Selected CSW Files.
Once created, the XML files are listed individually in the File Download section and can be downloaded individually by clicking the Download icon.
The default name for the individual files is District_Campus_Collection_TimeStamp_Interchange.xml, where:
- District is the six-digit county-district number
- Campus is the three-digit campus ID (or 000 if district wide)
- Collection is the nine-character collection (ending school year & submission)
- TimeStamp is the 12-digit date-time-stamp when the interchange was created (YYYYMMDDHHMM)
- Interchange is the name of the interchange created