The PEIMS Midyear Submission (Submission 2) is one of four annual PEIMS Submissions required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The Midyear Submission includes Shared Services Arrangement (SSA) data.
Aeries provides tools to extract certain data for Submission 2 from the district's Student Information System (SIS) database. The extract programs create the files that can be submitted to TEA. Some additional financial data must be reported in Midyear, which is not collected from Aeries.
For a complete list of extract rules and edits, see TSDS Web-Enabled Data Standards (TWEDS).
Interchanges (Field Mapping & Rules) ↑
The following interchanges are included in Submission 2. Field mapping and rules for each interchanges are provided on these pages:
InterchangeFinanceExtension (not reported from Aeries)
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing PEIMS submissions.
|Other - State Reporting||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Other Student Data - Student SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Staff Data - Staff SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
Additionally, users will need appropriate permission to view or update the individual tables that are used for maintaining data fields used in Texas State Reporting.
Configuration & Prior Steps ↑
- Any local codes used for Midyear PEIMS fields must be added from Update Code Table. The local codes will need to be translated to PEIMS codes, described below.
Navigate to School Info > Imports and Exports > Texas State Reporting
Before creating extracts, verify the settings on the TSDS/PEIMS Options, Code Translations, and Schools tab:
TSDS/PEIMS Options Tab
Expand the TSDS/PEIMS Options tab to set various options before creating extracts. See Texas State Reporting - Options Tab.
Code Translations Tab
Expand the Code Translations tab to map certain custom/local codes to the required PEIMS/TSDS codes. See Texas State Reporting - Code Translations Tab.
WARNING: If the TSDS/PEIMS Description (right column) is left blank, the code will be extracted as blank. It is recommended that you do not click Add Local Codes unless all COD values will be translated. Clicking Add Local Codes is optional and may not be needed if the district does not need to translate many codes. In this case, rows can be added individually.
Expand the Schools tab to select the schools to include when extracting data. See Texas State Reporting - Schools Tab.
Expand the PEIMS tab to create the XML extract files for Submission 2. See Texas State Reporting - PEIMS Tab.
- Select First Submission if you are creating the your first Submission 2 files. Otherwise, select Resubmission or Working Collection if applicable.
- Under Template Selection, click Mid-Year (Sub 2).
- The files required for Submission 2 are automatically selected. You can modify the selections.
- Click Create Selected Files.
Once created, the XML files are listed individually in the File Download section and can be downloaded individually by clicking the Download icon.
The default name for the individual files is District_Campus_Collection_TimeStamp_Interchange.xml, where:
- District is the six-digit county-district number
- Campus is the three-digit campus ID (or 000 if district wide)
- Collection is the nine-character collection (ending school year & submission)
- TimeStamp is the 12-digit date-time-stamp when the interchange was created (YYYYMMDDHHMM)
- Interchange is the name of the interchange created