The PEIMS Midyear Submission (Submission 2) is one of four annual PEIMS Submissions required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The Midyear Submission includes actual financial data for the prior school year.
Aeries provides tools to extract certain data for the Midyear Submission from the district's Student Information System (SIS) database. The extract programs create the files that can be submitted to TEA. Some additional financial data must be reported in Midyear, which is not collected from Aeries.
For a complete list of extract rules and edits, see TSDS Web-Enabled Data Standards (TWEDS).
For PEIMS Data Submission Timelines, see TWEDS Data Submission Timelines - PEIMS.
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing PEIMS submissions.
|Aeries Page||Action||Table/Program Area||User Permissions Needed|
|Texas State Reporting||Run extracts||Other - State Reporting||Admin|
Additionally, users will need appropriate permission to view or update the individual tables that are used for maintaining data fields used in Texas state reporting.
Most state reporting data elements are directly correlated to a field on an Aeries page. Each correlation is documented so you know exactly where the data is maintained in Aeries.
- The Field Mappings by Collection - PEIMS Midyear 2 documentation provides the specific Midyear elements organized by interchange and complex type.
- Additionally, the PEIMS/TSDS Field Mappings by Page documentation provides each page in Aeries where Texas state reporting information (including TSDS and PEIMS elements) can be found.
- Any local codes used for Midyear PEIMS fields must be added from Update Code Table. The local codes will need to be translated to PEIMS codes, described below.
School Info > Imports and Exports > Texas State Reporting
Before creating extracts, verify the settings on the Options and Schools tabs on the Texas State Reporting page. Also verify that the Snapshot Date is set correctly for the current school year.
Note: If you modify the Snapshot Date field, use the Save button on the Options tab to save the change.
Expand the Options tab on the Texas State Reporting page to set various options before creating extracts.
Code Translations Tab
From the PEIMS tab on the Texas State Reporting page you can create the XML extract files for the Midyear Submission.
- Select First Submission if you are creating the your first Midyear Submission files. Otherwise, select Resubmission or Working Collection if applicable.
- Under Template Selection, click Mid-Year (Sub 2).
- The files required for the Midyear Submission are automatically selected. You can modify the selections.
- Click Create Selected Files.
Once created, the XML files are listed individually in the File Download section and can be downloaded individually by clicking the Download icon.
The default name for the individual files is District_Campus_Collection_TimeStamp_Interchange.xml, where:
- District is the six-digit county-district number
- Campus is the three-digit campus ID (or 000 if district wide)
- Collection is the nine-character collection (ending school year & submission)
- TimeStamp is the 12-digit date-time-stamp when the interchange was created (YYYYMMDDHHMM)
- Interchange is the name of the interchange created