The PEIMS Fall Submission (Submission 1) is one of four annual PEIMS Submissions required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). LEAs must report all students served and staff employed on the snapshot date. Submission 1 includes data for the LEA organization; student demographic, enrollment, programs. and leavers; staff data; and shared service arrangement (SSA) records as of the Fall Snapshot date.
Aeries provides tools to extract the appropriate data for Submission 1 from the district's Student Information System (SIS) database. The extract programs create the files that can be submitted to TEA.
Additionally, budget data must be reported in Submission 1, which is not collected from Aeries.
For a complete list of extract rules and edits, see TSDS Web-Enabled Data Standards (TWEDS).
For PEIMS Data Submission Timelines, see TWEDS Data Submission Timelines - PEIMS.
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing PEIMS submissions.
|Other - State Reporting||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
Additionally, users will need appropriate permission to view or update the individual tables that are used for maintaining data fields used in Texas State Reporting.
To obtain accurate Leaver data, you must have access to prior school year data.
Data Maintenance ↑
Most state reporting data elements are directly correlated to a field on an Aeries page. Each correlation is documented so you know exactly where the data is maintained in Aeries.
- The PEIMS Fall (Submission 1) - Field Mapping and Rules documentation provides the specific Submission 1 elements organized by interchange and complex type.
- Additionally, the PEIMS/TSDS Field Mappings by Page documentation provides each page in Aeries where Texas state reporting information (including TSDS and PEIMS elements) can be found.
- Any local codes used for Submission 1 fields must be added from Update Code Table. The local codes will need to be translated to PEIMS codes, described below.
- Shared Services Arrangement (SSA) organizations must be added to the Course History Institutions (CHI) table before they can be retrieved from the Shared Services Arrangement page.
IMPORTANT: Be sure the ID Number is entered without hyphens.
Navigate to School Info > Imports and Exports > Texas State Reporting
Before creating extracts, verify the settings on the TSDS/PEIMS Options, Code Translations, and Schools tab:
- Verify that the Snapshot Date is set correctly for the current school year.
- Verify that the End of School Start Window is set to the last day of the School Start Window, which is the period of time between the first day of school and, typically, the end of September. This date affects a student's As-Of-Status code and leaver status.
NOTE: Some situations, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, may cause TEA to adjust the end date of the school start window.
- If you modified the Snapshot Date or End of School Start Window field, use the Save button below the TSDS/PEIMS Options tab to save the change.
TSDS/PEIMS Options Tab
Expand the TSDS/PEIMS Options tab to set various options before creating extracts.
Code Translations Tab
From the Code Translations tab on the Texas State Reporting page, certain fields in Aeries can have custom local codes and descriptions mapped to the required PEIMS codes.
For Submission 1, the following Code Sets should be reviewed and updated if needed:
- Student Language (STU.HL)
- Crisis Indicators (PGM.CRI)
- Endorsement Codes (GES.EC)
- Free and Reduced (FRE.CD)
- High School Graduation Code (STU.HSG)
- Graduation Track (STU.GRT)
- Language Fluency (STU.LF)
- Population Serviced (PRS.PSV)
- School Programs (SPR.CD)
- Shared Services Arrangements (SHS.CD)
- Special Ed Disability (CSE.DI)
- Special Ed Services (CSV.CD)
- Special Programs (PGM.CD)
- Student Gender (STU.GN)
- Student Language (STU.HL)
- Student Race (STU.RC1)
- Student Suffix (STU.SF)
- Withdrawn Reason (ATT.RS)
(this also updates ENR.ER)
- Click Add Default Translations to automatically add any translations that are predefined in the program.
- Select a Code Set, and then click Add Local Codes to retrieve any untranslated codes that have been defined in the code table (COD). The Aeries (left) column is populated with all existing local codes.
- It is not necessary to translate a code when the Aeries code matches the TSDS/PEIMS code.
- Clicking Add Local Codes is optional and may not be needed if the district does not need to translate many codes. In this case, rows can be added individually as described in the next step.
- Click Add New Record.
- In the Aeries (left) column, select the local Code to be translated.
- In the TSDS/PEIMS (right) column, select the TSDS/PEIMS Code that will be mapped to the selected local code.
- Click the Save icon.
- To update an existing mapping, click the Pencil icon. Make changes, and then click the Save icon.
Or, click the Cancel icon to revert to the original values.
From the Schools tab you can select the schools to include when extracting data.
From the PEIMS tab you can create the XML extract files for Submission 1.
- Select First Submission if you are creating the your first Submission 1 files. Otherwise, select Resubmission or Working Collection if applicable.
- Under Template Selection, click Fall (Sub 1).
- The files required for Submission 1 are automatically selected. You can modify the selections.
- Click Create Selected Files.
Once created, the XML files are listed individually in the File Download section and can be downloaded individually by clicking the Download icon.
The default name for the individual files is District_Campus_Collection_TimeStamp_Interchange.xml, where:
- District is the six-digit county-district number
- Campus is the three-digit campus ID (or 000 if district wide)
- Collection is the nine-character collection (ending school year & submission)
- TimeStamp is the 12-digit date-time-stamp when the interchange was created (YYYYMMDDHHMM)
- Interchange is the name of the interchange created