The Other Options tab on the CALPADS Extracts tab will display various options that MUST be verified before creating extracts. Many of the user options saved by the client version will be translated to the web, but we suggest they are verified them before running any of the available processes.
The following options are available on the Other Options tab.
- “Short Term Enrollment” field - this is normally STU.SP, but for Court or Juvenile Facilities, this can be a User Code field.
- “Race Intentionally Left Blank” Code – code value y created for the Race "Declined to State/Unknown".
- Independent Charter School? – reporting requirements are slightly different for Independent Charter Schools. Set this option for a Charter School submitting data to CALPADS independent of your chartering district.
- Pull County-District Code from School LOC records? Option to extract the County-District Code for the district from the school records in LOC being extracted. This option should be used by "Combo-Districts": districts where there are multiple districts managed in the same Aeries database.
- Do Not Change Exit Reasons to E450 if Student is in Pre-School or Lower - When this option is selected, the actual exit reason will be extract in the SENR file. Without the option, all students in pre-school or lower extract with exit reason of E450.
- Golden State Seal and Seal of Biliteracy – Options to indicate the Activity Code (ACT.CD) used for Golden State Seal and Seal of Biliteracy tests. The options are used for the SENR file. Multiple codes can be selected.
- STU.TG Values to Skip and STU.SP Values to Skip–Allows the extract to skip a STU record in your system that you don't want to send to CALPADS. These students must be flagged with either a STU.TG or STU.SP value so they will be skipped by the extract.
- STU.SP Values for STAS Exempt – Used to indicate the Student Program (STU.SP) tag for exempt students. This option will be used for the Student Absence Summary File (STAS). Multiple codes can be selected. See following link for more information CALPADS STAS File - Other Options
- SENR Indicators (grades 9-12) - The following options are used for the SENR file.
- 1.34 Adult Age Students w/Transition Status Indicator (formerly Post Secondary/Transition Status Indicator) - This indicator applies to Special Education students over the age of 17. A student can be tagged with this indicator by using either one of the following Special Education fields. The new fields display on the Special Education (New) page as of the 4/11/2019 update. The fields also display on the Special Education (Old) page on the Transition Information tab.
- Post-Secondary Program (CSE.PSP) - An applicable existing code can be used or a new Code can be added to the Code table.
- Post-Secondary Employed (CSE.PSE) - Code 10 - Yes or a new code can be entered.
- **Post-Secondary / Transition Status Indicator (CSE.PSI) - Code can be added to the Code table to this new field.
Note: Below are the conditions for the Adult Age Students w/Transition Status Indicator (Formerly Post Secondary/Transition Status Indicator) per the CALPADS Update Flash #156: New name, same rules and guidelines
- On active Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Equal to or greater than 17 years old.
- Still enrolled in a K–12 school after their initial cohort graduation year.
- Enrolled in the LEA solely for the purpose of receiving services related to the transition from secondary education to college, career, and independent living.
- No longer taking courses that would generate credit towards a standard high school diploma.
A 'Y' will extract if the student meets the conditions above and the Special Education fields are populated with the selected codes on the Post Secondary/Transition Status Indicator section on the Options tab.
An "N" will be extracted if the student does not meet the conditions above and the Special Education fields are NOT populated for the student with the selected codes on the Post Secondary/Transition Status Indicator section on the Options tab.
Below is an example of the SENR Indicators for Post Secondary/Transition Status after a new Code Value of "Y-Post Secondary" has been added to the COD table to the CSE.PSI field*. Only the Y should be flagged as an indicator:
*Either indicator will work for Post Secondary/Transition Status, however, the CSE.PSI is recommended since this is the field designated for Adult Age Students w/Transition Status Indicator (formerly Post Secondary/Transition Status) from within the Special Ed table.
- Codes need to be addedCPO ACT
Career Pathways Outcomes Code (CPO.OC) Activities (ACT.CD)
1.35 Workforce Readiness (Strategic Skills) Certificate Program Completion Indicator
1.36 Food Handler Certification Program Completion Indicator
1.37 Pre-Apprenticeship Certification Program Completion Indicator
1.38 Pre-Apprenticeship Program (non-certified) Completion Indicator
1.39 State or Federal Job Program Completion Indicator
Below is an example of the SENR Indicators after Table and Code Values have been selected and new codes have been added to the COD table:
Note: Both Career Pathways Outcomes Code (CPO.OC) or the Activities (ACT.CD) can be used within a district, however, only a single table should be used for an individual student. The student should have a CPO record OR an ACT indicator record. They should never have both. EX: A student is not in a Career Pathway but is earning a certificate, the ACT table can be used.
Click on the Save button after selecting the options.