Table of Contents
The Internships page holds information about students' internships that have been assigned. It is designed to work together with the Employers table.
Also, the Internships page is being utilized to hold any Work-Based Learning data that is applicable for students, and all records will be extracted for the new WBLR Extract for CALPADS EOY 4 reporting.
The page can be found at Student Date > Other > Internships.
Users need at least Insert and Update to the Internships table (ISP) in order to add records. They must also have at least READ to the Employers table (EMP).
Adding a Record ↑
Click on the Add button on the Header. This will active a sub-menu where the data can be entered. The additional fields that were added to the Internships page are highlighted below:
NOTE: Because the Internships page is tied to the Employer's page, all Internship records must have an employer record. The default value is set to 0. Because some Work Based Learning Records are NOT Employer-Based, it is recommended that Districts create a record in the Employer table with the code of 0, and title it "Not Employer-Based".
Dropdowns in this area are hard-coded with CALPADS valid codes.
- Employer ID (ISP.EMP): Enter Employer record from the EMP table that is related to this record. If it is not an employer-based record, select the value that has been designated as "Not Employer-Based".
- Start Date (ISP.SD): Date the record started
- End Date (ISP.ED): Date the record ended.
- All records that either ended or started in the current school year will be included in the Work-Based Learning Records (WBLR) extract as part of the CALPADS EOY Submission.
- Training Days (ISP.TRD): Optional free-form field to designate what days the student will be training, if desired.
- Training Hours (ISP.TRH): Optional free-form field to designate what hours the student will be training, if desired.
- Work-Based Learning Type (ISP.WT): A coded value representing the work-based learning that the student completed during the academic year, in any grades 9-12.
- Employer Evaluation (ISP.EE): A coded value representing the student’s performance in the internship as evaluated by their employment supervisor. Required for Internships; values are hard-coded.
- Total External Hours (ISP.TXH): The count of hours that the student spent outside of school in a work-based learning activity for types 10, 15, and 20 in the academic year being reported. While the hours are outside of classroom, the work-based learning activity is tied to the Internship, Student-Led Enterprise, or Virtual/Simulated Work-Based Learning. Rounded to whole numbers.
- School Sponsored (ISP.SCS): An indication of whether the school, district, or county played a direct role in securing the internship for the student. A “Y” would indicate that the school, district, or county played a direct role in securing the internship. An “N” would indicate it did not.
- Certificated Supervisor (ISP.CS):An indication of whether the internship was part of a program supervised by a certificated staff member of the school, district, or county. A “Y” would indicate that the internship was part of a program supervised by a certificated staff member of the school, district, or county. An “N” would indicate that it was not.
- If this field is tagged as Y, it is expected that the teacher for that section would be the one to supervise it, and can log Visits on that Internship record.
- Section (ISP.SE): This dropdown will list the sections the student is currently enrolled in. Enter the section number if the Work-Based Learning Record is linked to a specific class, whether or not it is a CTE course.
- Comment (ISP.CO): Free-form field for any comments
NOTE: Internships by Teacher is currently being developed to support these new fields. Additionally, we are analyzing the CPO functions to support this new method of extracting this information on the WBLR Extract.
Required Fields: ↑
For the Work-Based Learning Records that re included in the WBLR extract, some field are required for certain Work-Based Learning Record Types. Please refer to the chart below: