When a student was enrolled last year but does not attend this year (whether or not the reason is known), the student is considered a leaver or mover and should be moved to an 'Inactives' campus, which is a placeholder for this type of student. The student and all of the student's records are copied into the Inactives School and then deleted from the current school.
- Ensure that an Inactives school is set up. Typically the school ID is 999.
- On the District Settings page under District Settings, be sure Inactives School field has a three-digit ID specified.
- If not click Change, enter the ID, and click Save.
The No Show Manager is designed to assist in managing leavers or movers and will display a listing of students who have absences at the start of the school year. Using the No Show Manger is recommended to complete the following:
- Update a student's enrollment to start on the first day of attendance for students who are absent at the beginning of the school year.
- Mark students who enroll in a school but do not show up to attend classes when the school year begins as a "No Show".
- Mark students as a Leaver or a mover.
However, you may also mark students as a leaver or mover without using the No Show Manager.
Once the No Show Setup options are configured follow these steps from the Demographics page to first set the student as a No Show and then mark the student as a leaver or a mover once you determine their status.
No Show Students
Students who were pre-enrolled and have never attended a campus in the district may be marked as follows:
Navigate to Student Data >Demographics > Student Data 1 tab
- Set Status to N-No-Show. Make sure your No Show Setup page has the correct options set.
- The School Leave Dt and Leaver/Mover Reason are not required, as this student is not extracted for state reporting and ALL students marked as a No Show should be marked as a Leaver or Mover once you determine their status.
- Set Next Yr School to the Inactives school (e.g., 999). This moves the student to the Inactives school during the rollover process at the end of the current year.
Note: The No Show Manager allows you to mark multiple students as No Shows at once.
Leavers or Movers
We recommend using the No Show Manager function to Mark students as a Leaver or a mover. However, students who were enrolled last year but do not attend this year may be marked as a leaver or a mover following these steps:
- From the student's Demographics page at the current school, click the Operations button, and then click Mark Student as a Leaver/Mover. The Leaver/Mover window opens allowing you to enter the required information.
- Leaver/Mover Reason (STU.LVR) - Select the student's Leaver or Mover Reason from the drop-down list. These are fixed values. Any new codes need to be added by Aeries. Leavers are determined using the TEDS Code Table C162-A for LEAVER-REASON-CODE (E1001). If the reason is unknown, select Other.
- Status (STU.TG) - Select the enrollment status to be assigned to the student. Status codes are configured by the district from the Update Code Table page. Typically the status I for Inactive is used.
- Inactives School - The Inactives school number is displayed.
- Leave Date (STU.LD) - The final date of the previous school year is displayed by default. This date should be used for all leavers or movers.
- Click OK.
The student is moved to the Inactives school and deleted from the current school in the current school year.
Last years record is updated to indicate the Leaver/Mover reason (STU.LVR).
- Login to the prior year DB and from the student's Demographics page, click the Change button:
- Enter the Leave Date (STU.LD) = to the last day of school. This is required to ensure leavers are reported correctly in the current year Fall PEIMS.
- Set the Status = Inactive
Using the No Show Manager function Mark students as a Leaver or Mover will do these steps automatically for you.
The tables below summarize the actions taken and the resulting status for each student:
Demographics page (STU table)
|School||Year||Student Record||Schl Leave Dt (STU.LD)||Leaver Reason (STU.LVR)||Enrollment Status (STU.TG)|
|Current||Current||Does not exist||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Current||Prior||Exists||*Must enter Value manually||Value entered||*Must enter Value manually|
|Inactives||Current||Exists*||Value entered||Value entered||Value entered|
|Inactives||Prior||Does not exist||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Enrollment History page (ENR table)
|School||Year||Student Record||Leave Date (ENR.LD)||Exit Reason (ENR.ER)|
|Current||Current||Does not exist||N/A||N/A|
|Current||Prior||Exists||Value entered||Value entered|
|Inactives||Current||Exists*||Value entered||Value entered|
|Inactives||Prior||Does not exist||N/A||N/A|