TABLE OF CONTENTS
The student Attendance page is utilized to update an individual student’s attendance. This page introduces a new layout and uses a combination of existing tables and new tables when a school is set up for Flex Scheduling taking Period Attendance.
|ATT - Attendance Data (Existing)||AL - All day||Existing field which is used to store an attendance code when entered in the All-day field on a particular date.|
|ATN - Attendance Notes (Existing)||SE - Section Number (New)||Attendance Notes will be associated with class sections as opposed to periods.|
|CAT - Class Attendance (New for Flex)||ID - Student ID|
SCL - School Code
SQ - Sequence Number
SE - Section Number
DT - Attendance Date
SID - Staff ID
AC - Attendance Code
ST - Start Time
ET - End Time
TT - Total Time
|- Attendance codes entered in any of the Flex Period fields will be stored here and will be saved by Section Number as opposed to Period. They replace the individual period fields used in traditional scheduling on the ATT table.|
- Teachers entering Flex Period attendance codes will be stored in this table.
Security is inherited from ATT permissions.
|CAL - Class Attendance Log (New for Flex)||ID - Student ID|
SCL- School Code
SQ - Sequence Number
DT - Attendance Date
SE- Section Number
FC - Field Code
OD - Old Data
ND - New Data
IP - IP Address
DTM - DateTime Modified
|CAL is the equivalent of the Attendance Log - ATL table used in traditional scheduling.|
On the Navigation menu, go to Student Data > Attendance.
The Attendance page will display the following:
- Basic demographic information on the top portion of the page.
- Attendance summary data fields on the bottom of the page.
- Tardy and Absent letter totals above the attendance calendar section.
- The current day is highlighted in bold letter and the page will load .
- The RED FLAG icon, located at the top left corner, which is used to flag any student with attendance issues. By clicking the flag icon, an attendance Red Flag will be created and an attendance comment can be added for a student. Before adding a Red Flag, check district protocol and procedures.
Absence codes can have a color assigned to them through the Update Absence Code page. If colors are assigned to an absence code the colors will display on the Student Attendance page as well as the Attendance legend.
Information on assigning Absence code colors is described in this document Setup Absence Codes
When colors are assigned to Absence codes, the Attendance page will display a color options feature so users can select how or if they want the colors to display.
Each student will have a different number of column headers display based on the number of Flex Periods they have in their class schedule at any given point throughout the school year.
As the calendar is scrolled, and if the student schedule changes based on CAR records, the new headers displaying any change in classes will stick to the top of the calendar.
In the example below, this student has a class during Flex Period 7 with a Stop Date of 12/20/2019. On 1/2/2020, this student will no longer have a 7th period class and an "N/A" is noted in the header for that column. The remaining calendar days in this column will be grayed out unless another change in the student's schedule is made where it will require a Flex Period to display.
Changes to the headers may occur while scrolling through the calendar to alert the user that at one point in time, this student had or will have another class change based on CAR.
Holidays or days where school is not in session based on the school's calendar setup will display a row that is grayed out and will display date ranges if they span multiple days.
If a particular class does not meet on a given date, the class will be grayed out for that particular day. If a class is marked as non-attendance (MST.ST = 'Y' or 'Z'), the dates will also be grayed out for that class.
Clicking in the All Day code field on the Attendance form will manually input an absence code for a specific date and auto-populate all the periods assigned for the day. Entering a code in the All Day field will populate the ATT.AL field and the Flex Period fields will populate in the CAT table.
Clicking a specific Period for a student on the Attendance form will manually input an absence code for individual periods stored in the CAT table.
Fill Periods, located below the attendance calendar, can be selected at the bottom of the form for additional options.
Selecting the Update ATT Data button, will result in the following:
- The Update ATT Data button will update a student’s attendance for a specified date range with the selected Absence Code from the dropdown. Any Unverified absence codes (usually "A") in the period fields will be updated by this process. Classes setup as meeting on different days will be honored based on the Class Calendars assigned to the sections.
- Update All Day code with this reason - the All Day code will be updated. Will use ATT data (all-day code only).
- Fill all class periods with this reason - all class periods will be updated. Will use CAT data.
- The Quick Print button will print the student’s full year of attendance. Clicking the button will open a new tab or window and automatically trigger the browser to print once the content is loaded.
- The Print Attendance Notes button will print all notes for the entire year or a specific date range. The report will be updated to support support Flex Scheduling in a future update.
- The Refresh Totals button will refresh totals after entry on the Attendance page. Both the totals and summary sections will be updated using the latest data including the CAT table.
- The Print Readmit Slip button will print from a receipt printer or from a laser printer. The report will be updated to support support Flex Scheduling in a future update.
If updating attendance will affect attendance totals and ADA reporting, such as the Monthly Attendance Report, a warning will display. It is recommended that attendance changes that affect ADA reporting be verified before continuing with changing the attendance data.