What will you assess? – Definitions (Indicators)
- Field Values
How will you measure? – Label Layout
What do you want students to achieve?
- Early Warning Values
What populations do you want to disaggregate?
- Definitions (indicators)
How will you see the results?
Summary Tab - Gives the Big Picture
- List of percentage breakouts for each definition
- LIsted by school and grade
Analysis Indicator Qualifications - Individual Student Results
- Overall Early Warning Values
- Indicators, Dates, Results, Color Codes, Indicator Qualifying Value, Early Warning values for the indicator
- Dashboards - Aeries Analytics – allows you to define unique ways of looking at the data
- Summary Tab - Gives the Big Picture
AERIES ANALYTICS DEFINITIONS
Analytics Definitions – Node: Aeries Analytics| Configs/Functions | Item Definitions
Allows creation of indicators, early warning values, thresholds, subgroups, label layouts (performance bands), watch lists to help analyze the data.
1. What will you assess?
- Definition - Example: Test – SBAC ELA
2. How will you measure?
- Edit Label Layouts to change or add new layouts (performance bands, rubrics)
- Can assign colors to the rubric levels
- Example: SBAC Performance Levels Label Layout
3. What do you want students to achieve?
- Define the rubric value ranges of the label layouts
- Identify the early warning values assigned to each performance band
- Example: SBAC ELA Most Recent Score Definition with Thresholds and Early Warning Values
4. What populations do you want to disaggregate?
- Using the Student Sub Groups Tab
Using an Analytic Definition
- Field Value example: English Language Status
- Program example: Students on 504 Plans
SUMMARY TAB AND AERIES ANALYTICS INDICATOR QUALIFICATIONS
5. How will you see results?
- Summary tab– shows overall results for each definition (indicator) in percentages by school, based on label layout
Student Indicator Details shows individual student results
- This page shows the total early warning points, each indicator (definition), the date of the update for the indicator, each qualifying value, and early warning points assigned to each indicator
- Can display for a single date
- Updates every night
AERIES ANALYTICS DASHBOARDS
AERIES ANALYTICS DASHBOARDS – unique ways to view and interpret the data
- Decide on and create all definitions (indicators). Possibilities are:
- Tests and Subgroups for each
- All Parts of CELDT/ELPAC
- SBAC ELA and Math
- CST Science
- CMA Science
- CAASPP Interim Assessments
- Benchmarks, etc.
- Grades from Gradebook, Report Cards or Transcript for a subject area
- Graduation Requirements (i.e., credits completed) for a subject area
- Attendance Percentages and Thresholds
- Programs – 504, Gate, Migrant, etc
- Field Values and Field Value Ranges – EL Status, Gender, User Codes, etc
- Counts – Discipline Violation, Discipline Disposition and Intervention counts
- Tests and Subgroups for each
- Discuss how you want to see the data in terms of charts, lists, graphs
- Create Dashboards
- Run Reports
- Create Supplemental Attendance Records and/or Intervention Records
- Review the Data
- Modify Curriculum
- Repeat the Process
Collect the Data
- Enter all definitions in Aeries Analytics Definitions
- Update the indicators – can be set to update nightly
- Create Dashboard Items to view the results in different formats
- Analysis Definitions tell us what we are analyzing
- Dashboard Items tell us how we are looking at the definition.
- In this example, the Current Gradebook Grade definition is used to create a benchmark item that will show in the dashboard as a pie chart showing percentages of students scoring within each performance band, broken out by school for all levels and grades.
- We might look at one definition in more than one way – creating several dashboard items from one definition.
Viewing the Dashboard – Select the appropriate dashboard from the list on the left side of the Analytics Dashboard page