What is the data telling us? – Looking at each part of the dashboard
Applying Filters –
- Applying a filter to the Dashboard regarding Schools, Grades or SubGroups will automatically adjust the chart data being viewed.
- Clicking on a section of the chart will then display the students associated with that specific section of the chart.
This chart shows the distribution of English Learners by grade level. To see what levels they have achieved on the CELDT test, so you can begin to develop intervention strategies, look at the data by school and CELDT levels by using Filters.
Using the Filters to drill down, select high school only – note the chart has adjusted to only show grades 9-12.
Apply a subgroup filter for CELDT - Beginning and a total of 2 students are found.
Right click on the legend or click on Students to see the names of the students.
Watch List –Top 30 Watch List for Golden Eagle
- Ability to Keep Students – Run Query by Teacher to get a report of their SBAC ELA Score and CELDT Overall
LIST STU TST TCH STU.ID STU.NM STU.GR TST.ID TST.PT TST.SS TST.PL TST.OT TST.TD TST.TA TCH.TE BY TCH.TE IF ( ( TST.ID = SBAC AND TST.PT = 1 AND TST.TA = "SPRG17" ) OR ( TST.ID = CELDT AND TST.PT = 0 AND TST.TD > 06/30/2017 ) )
- Can build on the Query concept - get information about student At Risk Points (STU.RP)
- KEEP STU IF RP > 10
- Add STU.RP to the Query above so that it reads:
LIST STU TST TCH STU.ID STU.NM STU.GR STU.RP TST.ID TST.PT TST.SS TST.PL TST.OT TST.TD TST.TA TCH.TE BY TCH.TE IF ( ( TST.ID = SBAC AND TST.PT = 1 AND TST.TA = "SPRG17" ) OR ( TST.ID = CELDT AND TST.PT = 0 AND TST.TD > 06/30/2017 ) )
- Run the Query and the report
- Also possible to just get a list of students by grade level with at risk points greater than a given number
Example: LIST STU SN STU.NM GR RP BY GR IF RP > 20
- Ability to Create Supplemental Attendance Records for students by using the Create Supp Att Rcds button on the Student List.
- Can select all students
- Can select individual students
- Can select specific grade levels
There is also the ability to Create Intervention Records for students by using the Create Intervention Rcds button on the Student List.
Student Groups can be linked to Aeries Analytics Indicators and will dynamically update with new students nightly or when indicators are manually processed.
Student Groups can be found within the School Info node in the navigation. To create a new dynamic student group click on the Add button, enter the Group Name, dates and Group Description if desired, and click on the Dynamic Analytics Group option. Click on the Insert button to add the Student Group.
Next select the Analytics Indicator(s) and Level(s) that will be used to populate this group. Additionally, staff members can be given Read access to this group in the Associated Staff Members tab. Click on the Save button when all selections have been made.
The list of students will be populated based on the Analytics Indicator and levels that were selected. Every time Analytics is re-processed (either nightly or manually) the list Student Group list is updated. The Use this Group button can be used to KEEP the students in this group for further review or processing.