When the Classroom Attendance form is opened an Absence Code and Today’s Date will default at the top of the form. To select a different absence code, click the drop down and select a code. Enter the date of attendance if different than today’s date.
Select the teacher on the left side of the form and select the correct period. Only students enrolled in this class on the date selected will display. This is determined by the student’s Course Attendance record.
Marking Students Absent
After selecting the Teacher, the Period, the Code to Insert, and the Date to Modify, click on a student’s name to insert the absence code for the student on the date selected. In the example below, student David Beatty has an absence code of P entered for 2/12/2021 in teacher Acosta’s period 2 class.
To update attendance for a different absence code, click the drop down to select the new code.
Click on the student’s name to insert the absence code for the date selected. When all attendance has been entered for the selected teacher/period, click on the Save button.
Mark Attendance as Complete for this Teacher
The Mark Attendance as Complete for This Teacher button will enter a record in the Attendance Submission Log for the selected teacher/date indicating the teacher has submitted attendance.
A green message will display along with the date and time the submit attendance button was used for the first submission.
The Attendance Submission Log displays an entry for teacher Acosta indicating attendance was submitted for period 1 on 02/12/2021 at 2:16 PM. If there are multiple sections in the same period and the option to take attendance by section is enabled, all sections in the period will have a Submit Dt for each section.
Mass Apply Attendance Codes and Notes
The Classroom Attendance page displays a Mass Apply bar that can be expanded for use with the Mass Apply Attendance Codes and Quick Notes feature. This feature allows for Mass Applying to an entire class or to students on an individual basis. More features have been added to filter categories for mass applying attendance codes and notes. More information on this section can be found on the Teacher Portal Attendance page or Attendance Notes page.
The Class Roster option is used to print class rosters for teachers to keep track of their student’s attendance. These sheets are turned in to the office and the secretary uses them to input the attendance by class on the Classroom Attendance form.
Click on the Class Roster button and the following selection box will display. Options are available that allow you to select how you want the roster to print.
The following options can be selected:
- Grade Roster - Will print Grade Rosters
- Attendance Roster – Selecting to include non-attendance sections will include sections where attendance is not taken
- Print for a Specific Term – Enter the term code you wish to print the roster for
- Enter Att Month – Enter the attendance month in the box for dates to print on the roster. If the month is set to zero, no dates will be printed
- Student Filter
- Current Enrolled - Will print students currently in the class
- Enrolled During Month Selected - Will print students in the class based on the month selected and the students Course Attendance (CAR) records
- Student Filter
- Schedule Type
- Master Schedule or Scheduling Master – Select one to use for printing
- Sort Report
- Teacher/section - Each section will print on a separate page
- Teacher/period - All students with sessions for the teacher and period will print
- Sort Each Sheet By
- Student Name
- Course, Student
- Sort Each Sheet By
- Print Shading - Will shade every other row on the roster
- Enter Track if Not All – Enter the attendance track to print if this is a multi-track school
- Print Additional Lines – Will print additional lines at the bottom of the roster to add students not listed
- Restart Numbering on New Page
- Print Phone Number – The student’s phone number will print on the Class Roster
- Print Course With Student - When Sort of Teacher/Period is selected, this option will print the student's Course Name next to the student name
- Print Signature Line – Prints a signature line for the teacher to sign after absences are verified
- Print Student Aliases – Prints the student’s alias name
- Skip Teacher Assistants –Teacher Assistants will not be included on rosters
- Hide Attendance – Will not print any student’s absences that have already been entered
- Add fields to the printout – Allows specific fields to be selected for printing. However, there may be insufficient space to print all fields along with the phone number
After all options are selected, click on the Run Report button and the rosters will be generated. The following is an example of a Class Roster with no dates printed (Att Month of 0) that includes the telephone number.
Below is an example of a Class Roster for Month 1 with the STU field of Birthdate (BD) selected.