The TSDS State Performance Plan Indicator 14 (SPPI-14) Submission is one of the Core Collection Submissions required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). LEAs must report student and parent contact information for special education students who were served by the LEA last year and did not return this year.
SPPI-14 uses summer PEIMS data from the prior school year. This data does not need to be reloaded and cannot be corrected. Fall Leaver data is used (leaver codes 01, 24, 88, 90, 98) and must be loaded.
Aeries provides tools to extract the appropriate data for the SPPI-14 Submission from the district's Student Information System (SIS) database. The extract programs create the files that can be submitted to TEA.
For SPPI-14 Submission Timelines, see TWEDS Data Submission Timelines - SPPI-14.
For a complete list of extract rules and edits, see TSDS Web-Enabled Data Standards (TWEDS).
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing TSDS submissions.
|Aeries Page||Action||Table/Program Area||User Permissions Needed|
|Texas State Reporting||Run extracts||Other - State Reporting||Admin|
Additionally, users will need appropriate permission to view or update the individual tables that are used for maintaining data fields used in Texas state reporting.
Most state reporting data elements are directly correlated to a field on an Aeries page. Each correlation is documented so you know exactly where the data is maintained in Aeries.
- The Field Mappings by Collection - SPPI-14 documentation provides the specific SPPI-14 elements organized by interchange and complex type.
- Additionally, the PEIMS/TSDS Field Mappings by Page documentation provides each page in Aeries where Texas state reporting information (including TSDS and PEIMS elements) can be found.
- Any local codes used for SPPI-14 fields must be added from Update Code Table. The local codes will need to be translated to TSDS codes, described below.
School Info > Imports and Exports > Texas State Reporting
Before creating extracts, verify the settings on the Options, Code Translations, and Schools tabs on the Texas State Reporting page.
Expand the Options tab on the Texas State Reporting page to set various options before creating extracts.
Code Translations Tab
From the Code Translations tab on the Texas State Reporting page, certain fields in Aeries can have custom local codes and descriptions mapped to the required TSDS codes.
For the SPPI-14 Submission, the following Code Sets should be reviewed and updated if needed:
- Address Type (CON.AT)
- Student Gender (STU.GN)
- Click Add Default Translations to automatically add any translations that are predefined in the program.
- Select a Code Set, and then click Add Local Codes to retrieve any untranslated codes that have been defined in the code table (COD). The Aeries (left) column is populated with all existing local codes.
- Click Add New Record.
- In the Aeries (left) column, select the local Code to be translated.
- In the TSDS/PEIMS (right) column, select the TSDS/PEIMS Code that will be mapped to the selected local code.
- Click the Save icon.
- To update an existing mapping, click the Pencil icon. Make changes, and then click the Save icon.
Or, click the Cancel icon to revert to the original values.
From the SPPI-14 tab on the Texas State Reporting page you can create the XML extract files for the SPPI-14 Submission.
- The files required for the SPPI-14 Submission are automatically selected. You can modify the selections.
- Click Create Selected SPPI-14 Files.
Once created, the XML files are listed individually in the File Download section and can be downloaded individually by clicking the Download icon.
The default name for the individual files is District_Campus_Collection_TimeStamp_Interchange.xml, where:
- District is the six-digit county-district number
- Campus is the three-digit campus ID (or 000 if district wide)
- Collection is the nine-character collection (ending school year & submission)
- TimeStamp is the 12-digit date-time-stamp when the interchange was created (YYYYMMDDHHMM)
- Interchange is the name of the interchange created