At a minimum, users will need Read access to the Student Group Members (SGM) security area to utilize student groups. This level of access will provide student group functionality in various places throughout Aeries including Student Search, View All Reports, and on various pages throughout the system including Mass Change Period Absences as an example. This basic permission does not grant the user permission to the Student Groups page itself. Additional or more granular permission may be assigned as documented below.
Student Groups Definitions (SGD)
- Read – provides access to view the student group definition on the Student Groups page.
- Insert – create new student groups.
- Update – modify existing groups, but not its members
- Delete – remove student groups
Student Group Members (SGM)
- Read – minimum permission needed to use a student group. Allows for viewing student group members as described above.
- Update – add or modify the student members of a student group. Note: the user must also have Read access to SGD to modify students.
Student Group Staff Members (SGS)
- Read - view the Staff members in the groups. Note: the user must also have Read access to SGD to view or modify staff members.
- Update - modify Staff members in the groups
Student Group Analytics Item Association (SGA). Used to add/assign Analytics items and have the group dynamically update nightly
- Read - view the Analytics Items. Note: the user must also have Read access to SGD to view or modify dynamic groups.
- Update - modify the Analytic Items associated with the group.