If the No Show Setup Form is not utilized, the following records must be deleted manually for each no show student.
- Course Attendance
- Attendance Enrollment
Any Course Requests entered for students can still remain on file in case the student returns.
- Note: If the district has recently activated the No Show Setup Form but students were flagged as no shows before the form was set up, re-tagging the students with the No Show code will automatically delete attendance as well as other selected data.
To flag a student as a “No Show”, click the Change button at the bottom of the Student Demographic form to open the form in edit mode.
Click the Status field drop down menu and select the No Show code.
A message will display stating that Classes will be dropped and Course Attendance will be updated. If a student has Course Requests, an option to Drop Course Requests will be displayed. The Leave Date will default to the current day.
- If the student was enrolled in the school for the prior year, enter the last school day of the prior year.
- If the student was not enrolled in the school during the prior year, enter a date on or after July 1st but before the first day of school for the current school year.
The Student Demographic Leave Date will be populated with the date entered. Click OK.
When entering a Leave Date that is not an active day in the current school calendar, a Warning message will display stating that all Course Attendance Records may be removed. To proceed, click OK.
Click on the Update button at the bottom of the Student Demographic form to complete the entry.
Navigate to Student Data/Attendance.
Verify you are viewing the correct student, then delete any attendance displaying for the student. To delete a code, select the code and use the delete key on the keyboard to delete the entry.
Navigate to Scheduling/Crs Attendance.
Verify that the Course Attendance has been dropped. If there still exists course attendance records, click the pencil icon next to the first class listed to open the record in edit mode. Click the trash can icon (red X) to delete the record and save the change. Continue until all classes have been deleted. Teachers are notified through their gradebook when a student has been dropped from their class.
Navigate to Student Data/Attendance Enrollment.
Click the pencil icon next to the enrollment record to open the record in edit mode. Click the trash can icon (red X) to delete the record and save the change.
The last step in the manual No Show Process is to populate the Summer Withdrawal Reason and Summer Withdrawal Leave Date. From the Student Demographic form, click on the Student Data 2 tab. Click the Change button at the bottom of the form and enter the appropriate Reason and Leave Date. The Summer Next School is required in only two situations:
- Regular schools - All records with a Summer Withdrawal Reason (STU.SWR) code of "165" (Involuntary Transfer for Discipline) must have a Summer Withdrawal Next School (STU.SNS) populated.
- Alternative Ed Schools– all records with a Summer Withdrawal Reason (STU.SWR) code of “160” (Moved Verified in another CA public school) must have a Summer Withdrawal Next School (STU.SNS) populated.
If this student does not meet either of those criteria, the Summer Withdrawal Next School field should be left blank. When all data has been entered, click the Update button at the bottom of the form to save the entry.