Table of Contents
Navigate to CALPADS Extracts > Summer ELPAC Testing
To allow districts to more easily manage these students for Summer ELPAC Testing, we have moved all functionality to new tab called Summer ELPAC Testing. On this tab users are able to create SSID Request files, SENR Update files, and SELA Extract for TBD Students files in a much more streamlined process.
This process has been designed to allow districts to send up future enrollment records to CALPADS to facilitate summer ELPAC testing. This process works for both these scenarios:
- Before Rollover to a new year database
If ATT has already been initialized, the process will use the Next School (STU.NS), Next Grade (STU.NG), Next Program (STU.NSP) as needed. The Next Year Start Date (LOC.NSD) field on the School Options page will determine the expected Enrollment Date for each Next School value.
Other Options ↑
While processing this in the current (ending) year database, it is anticipated that records need to be created for Pre-Enrolled students (usually TG=*). Districts should verify that the STU.TG values to Skip setting on the Other Options tab is NOT checked to skip pre-enrolled students by de-selecting the box.
Code Translations ↑
This process will use the translated values for Language Fluency to determine what students to include in the SELA extract portion. Only values that are translated to equal the CALPADS code for To Be Determined (TBD) will be extracted.
The schools selected on this tab should be all the schools that will have students enrolled next year, according to their Next School value.
Information Section ↑
On this page, in addition to the KEEP/SKIP flag, there are several pieces of information displayed that should be reviewed before using this process, as it will affect which students are extracted. This is why it is very important that the values in the student fields listed is correct, as well as the settings for the individual schools.
- Schools with ATT Initialized - Displays a list of schools where Attendance has ALREADY been initialized (ATT Table has records). This will trigger the process to analyze the Next School, Next Grade, Next Special Program, and Next Year Start Date to determine which students to include based on their Next School value.
- Schools without Next Year Start Date- Displays a list of schools that do NOT have a date populated in the Next Year Start Date (LOC.NSD) field on School Options page. When processing the students above,, if there is NO Next Year Start Date the students will be extracted with an Expected Enrollment Date of 7/1 for that Next School value. This query will show a list of the default schools marked to be included in the CALPADS extracts with their Next Year Start Date: LIST LOC CD NM SNM LO HI NSD IF DNR = 0
- Schools without Calendar - displays a list of schools where there are NO records in the DAY table. When processing for schools where attendance has not yet been initialized, students assigned to these schools will NOT be extracted if their school does not have a Calendar yet created. See the Push and Pull Setup Tables documentation for more info.
- Number of Student records with Invalid Next School - Displays a total of students who have an invalid Next School code. These may be students with a Next School value of the district (0), or a value that matches a school that is tagged in the School Options Do Not Report field (LOC.DNR is checked). These students will NOT be extracted. You should review that students have the proper Next School value set before running this process at the end of the school year. This query will help you find students with no Next School value: LIST STU ID NM GR NG SC NS IF NS = 0
File Creation Buttons ↑
Once the appropriate students are isolated, the required files can be created. They are designed to be run in the sequence displayed on the page. All files created on this page will have the suffix of _ST to identify that they were created as part of the Summer Testing process.
Create SSID Request File (SENR) ↑
This process will create a SENR file designed to request SSID numbers for students who have a blank Stateside Student Identifier field (STU.CID). This file will have the upcoming academic year and appropriate Expected Enrollment Date.
- This is the first step in the process. The file will be generated with a suffix of SENR_SSID_ST.txt to identify that it was the SENR file designed to obtain SSID numbers.
- Upload this file to CALPADS, perform the matching/selecting process and post the selected SSIDs.
- Extract the SSID results file and load it into the Identifiers tab on this page, and update the appropriate student fields.
Create Student Enrollment File (SENR) ↑
This process will create a SENR file to add a new enrollment record for the upcoming academic year, with the appropriate Grade Level, School of Attendance, and Expected Enrollment Date.
Create SELA Extract for TBD Students ↑
This process will create a SELA file designed to add the appropriate English Language Acquisition Status Code of TBD. There is an ELAS Suggested Date field that defaults to the current day. CALPADS will not accept a future date to be extracted, so the expected Enrollment Date cannot be used. This date will be used as the ELAS Effective date.
As you can see in the info box below, there are specific criteria to determine which students are included in the SELA file, since this process is designed to facilitate the Summer ELPAC Testing.
If anticipated students are missing in the extract, review these data fields to be sure they are populated appropriately.
- Students missing from SSID Request file or Student Enrollment File:
- Check the Other Options tab and review the different values that are marked to be skipped. For example, if you are trying to get SSID numbers for Pre-Enrolled students, make sure the Status tag of *-Pre-Enrolled is NOT selected to be skipped.
- Students missing from SELA Extract for TBD Students:
- Check the students' Language Assessment page. If the student has a current ELAS code in CALPADS, it will not be included, because CALPADS does not allow another, matching SELA record to be uploaded, only a record that changes the existing status in CALPADS are allowed.
- If the student does not have a LAC record at all, they will NOT be included in the SELA extract. Generally all students have a LAC record created when their student record is created, but if it is missing, add the LAC record for the student first, and then try the extract again.