How does a district report matriculating students to CALPADS?
How are the Golden State Seal Merit Award and the State Seal fo Biliteracy reported to CALPADS?
How does a district report matriculating students to CALPADS? ↑
Matriculating students need to be coded correctly in Aeries when closing out student enrollment for the school year. A matriculating student is a student who has completed the highest grade level in the school and will be moving on to another school that offers the student's next grade level.
- Matriculating Students must have the Comp Status (STU.HSG) field populated on Demographics | Student Data 2 with Matricu#21359ca code of 480(Promoted/Matriculated) for the highest grade level students at each school.
- If this code is not available, update the Aeries Code Table to include the 480 (Promoted/Matriculated) code for STU.HSG.
- Verify in CALPADS Code Translations | Completer Status (STU.HSG) that the 480 (Promoted/Matriculated) code has been added and mapped for CALPADS reporting.
- Populating the Date Graduated (STU.DG) field is optional.
- If the STU.HSG field is populated for matriculating students, Aeries will automatically populate the Exit Reason (ATT.RS) with the E230 (Completion) code and use the last active school day as the exit date in an Enrollment Update (SENR File) or ODS Audit/Reconciliation.
- CALPADS End of Year (EOY2) requires an Enrollment Update (SENR File) to report the enrollment for matriculating students.
The STU.HSG code of 480 can be mass added to the matriculating students by using the following query:
CHANGE STU STU.HSG TO 480 IF STU.HSG = " " AND GR = X
(Replace X with highest grade level in that school.)
Review retained students individually.
Run the Fix ENR Records process after the query changes.
The End Of Year (STU.EOY) field is not required to be populated for matriculating students. If matriculating students are populated with an End of Year (STU.EOY) code of E230 (Completion)*, a Leave Date (STU.LD) and an STU.HSG code of 480 (Promoted/Matriculated), the data will extract properly.
*Only use the E230 (Completion) code in the STU.EOY field for matriculating students.
See: EOY2: Student Withdrawal Data Population Guide
How are the Golden State Seal Merit Award and the State Seal fo Biliteracy reported to CALPADS? ↑
Listed below are the steps for reporting the Golden State Seal Merit Award and State Seal of Biliteracy on all graduated students:
- Add codes to Activity table (ACT.CD) for the Golden State Seal Merit Award and the State Seal of Biliteracy.
- Map the two codes in CALPADS Extracts - Other Options.
- Determine which students qualify for the Golden State Seal of Merit Award and the State Seal of Biliteracy.
- Update the Activity (ACT) table for qualifying students.
- If using the Aeries form to determine eligibility, each form has a mass add feature (See attached documentation).
- After May 9th, students who have been designated as graduated (STU.HSG = 100) and have a date of completion (STU.DG = MM/DD/YYYY) and have Activity (ACT) records for the the Golden State Seal Merit Award and/or the State Seal of Biliteracy will be included in the CALPADS SENR extract.
Please see the following links for more information:
State Seal of Biliteracy