TABLE OF CONTENTS
- School Settings
- Display on Forms
- Alt Ed Scheduling
- Attendance Total Calculation
- Attendance Accounting
- Encrypted Data Collection
- Class Rank and Student Cohorts
- Weekly Engagement
School Settings ↑
These settings were selected when the school was originally set up, and great care should be taken when making changes. It is highly recommended that changes be made FIRST in a sandbox database to be sure of the ramifications that any changes will make to the entire system.
Display on Forms ↑
- Algebra 1 Requirement. Enables Algebra 1 Requirements on student Transcripts and Graduation Status.
- Physical Fitness Testing. Enables students' Physical Fitness information to transcripts/Graduation Status.
- California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE). Enables students' CAHSEE status to transcripts/Graduation Status.
- Competency Tests. Enables students' Competency Test Score information to transcripts/Graduation Status.
Alt Ed Scheduling ↑
- Click the Use Alt Ed Scheduling box to switch this school to use Alternative Education Scheduling options.
Attendance Total Calculation ↑
- Click the Calculate Attendance Totals Based on Period Attendance to populate period attendance totals and adjusts STAS extract to include period calculations instead of daily. More information is described in the following document EOY 3 STAS - Calculate Attendance Totals Based on Period Attendance.
Attendance Accounting ↑
- This option will automatically flag the All Day code in Attendance when all periods in a given day are flagged with absence code(s). If all periods contain the same absence code, the All Day code will receive that value, otherwise it will be flagged with the Unverified Absence (typically "A"). If an All Day code already exists it will not be updated.
- For Remote Asynchronous students based on Special Programs and/or School Programs of "RA". This option will automatically flag the All Day code in Attendance when all periods in a given day are flagged with absence code(s). If all periods contain the same absence code, the All Day code will receive that value, otherwise it will be flagged with the Unverified Absence (typically "A"). If an All Day code already exists it will not be updated.
Encrypted Data Collection ↑
- Click the Allow Collection of Social Security Numbers via Encrypted Student/Staff Data (ESD) box to enable users to store student SSN data in the protected ESD table. Only users with special permission to this table will be allowed to access this information. See this document for more information: Social Security Number Exposure
Class Rank and Student Cohorts ↑
- Click the Do not rank students who are behind grade level from their Graduation Cohort option to exclude ranking students whose grade level is behind the natural grade of their cohort. The grade reporting and cumulative GPA/rank calculations will now honor this option.
Weekly Engagement ↑
- Use Class Calendar Information for the Weekly Engagement Report. This option will take information stored in Class Calendars and/or Gradebook to include on the Weekly Engagement Report.
- Attendance Note Codes on Weekly Engagement Report. Enter a comma-delimited list of the Attendance Note codes that teachers will be allowed to assign to students on the quick Attendance Notes section of the Teacher Attendance page. The Quick Attendance Notes can be used to track students' engagement and participation as required by SB-98 COVID Procedures.