The Mass Change Period Absences form has been adjusted to work in a Flex Scheduling school.
The Mass Change Period Absences form is used for entering and updating absence codes. From this form you can mass update attendance by a Section, a List of Students by Student Numbers, a Grade Level, using a Student Group or by running a Keep/Skip Query. Attendance Notes can also be added to each student updated during the Mass Change Period Absences process. An option is available in the lower left to Include Attendance Note.
Mass Change Period Absences form procedures:
- Use this process to change an Unverified or Blank Code to a specific Code.
- Determine which students will be included in the change:
- Use the kept students (no section needed)
- Honor the kept students (requires a section)
- Ignore the Keep/Skip (requires a section)
- Use a Student Group
- If using the Use the kept students (no section needed) option, students can be limited by grade.
- Populate the date, applicable periods and absence code. In the display below, the update will be applied to specific section and will include students in all grades. Only students with a Flex Pd 1 will have their period changed.
- To add a note, click the Include Attendance Note checkbox. Select an Attendance Note Code and add a comment (if desired). The Off Campus Pass Fields will display the Authorized by name and the Time to Leave time. The Attendance Notes will be added to all selected students.
- When all selections have been made, click the View ATT button to display the students that are included in the selected criteria. The student list has been adjusted to display the flex period short title (FTF.STI) and section number.
- If the change is not applicable to all students, select the students to “skip” by checking the Skip Update checkbox for excluded students.
- Click Update to populate the selected flex periods with the selected activity code and note, if added.
- Mass Change ATT Codes is used to update the All Day code if the activity was an all day activity. For more information, see documentation for Mass Change ATT Codes.