Navigate to Pages > Attendance Accounting > Mass Change Period Absences.
The Mass Change Period Absences form has been adjusted to work in a Flex Scheduling school. This form is used for entering and updating absence codes. On this form, users can mass update attendance by filtering Section(s), by a List of Students by entering Student Numbers or ID's, by Grade Levels, by using a Student Group or by running a Keep/Skip Query.
Attendance Notes can also be added to each student updated during the Mass Change Period Absences process by selecting the checkbox labeled Include Attendance Note.
|Class Attendance (CAT)||Read|
Add new record
|Absence Code (ABS)||Read||View page|
|Attendance Notes (ATN)||Read|
Page Options ↑
Mass Change Period Absences form procedures:
- Use this process to change an Unverified or Blank Code to a specific Code.
- Determine which students will be included in the change:
- Use the kept students (no section needed)
- Honor the kept students (requires a section)
- Ignore the Keep/Skip (requires a section)
- Use a Student Group
- If using the Use the kept students (no section needed) option, students can be limited by grade.
- Populate the date, applicable periods and absence code. In the display below, the update will be applied to specific section and will include students in all grades. Only students with a Flex Pd 1 will have their period changed. The period selection will include periods that are defined as non-conflict type periods.
- To add a note, click the Include Attendance Note checkbox. Select an Attendance Note Code and add a comment (note and comment optional). The Off Campus Pass Fields will display the Authorized by name and the Time to Leave time. The Attendance Notes will be added to all selected students.
- When all selections have been made, click the View ATT button to display the students that are included in the selected criteria. The student list has been adjusted to display the flex period short title (FTF.STI) and section number.
- If the change is not applicable to all students, select the students to “skip” by checking the Skip Update checkbox for excluded students.
- Click Update to populate the selected flex periods with the selected activity code and note, if added.
NOTE: If the School Settings option Populate All-Day Attendance Code Automatically is enabled, this option will automatically flag the All Day code in Attendance when all periods in a given day are flagged with absence code(s). If all periods contain the same absence code, the All Day code will receive that value, otherwise it will be flagged with the Unverified Absence (typically "A").
NOTE: If the School Settings option Populate All-Day Attendance Code Automatically is enabled, and the school has School Program of Remote Asynchronous or a Student has a Special Program of Remote Asynchronous, this option will automatically flag the All Day code in Attendance when all periods in a given day are flagged with absence code(s). If all periods contain the same absence code, the All Day code will receive that value, otherwise it will be flagged with the Unverified Absence (typically "A").
After selecting the Update button, a popup message will display and an email will be sent to the user when the process has completed.