NOTE: This guidance was for the 2019-2020 school year and only applied in the situation where a school district ended early due to the
6/8/2020 Update: Students who enrolled/switched schools after the Last Day of Regular School Attendance are now extracting properly in the STAS file.
5/19/2020 Update: We have created a document to guide districts in how to properly mark students who enroll/switch schools between the Last Day of Regular School Attendance and the last day of school. Using this procedure will allow districts to properly update SENR/SINF records to CALPADS without generating a Missing STAS record fatal error.
5/7/2020 Update: A new field has been added to Aeries to enter the Last Day of Regular School Attendance on the District Settings page. After populating this field for the District, the Update Attendance History function should be run prior to creating the STAS extract.
Note: Any school that had a different Last Day Of Regular School Attendance should populate it on their School Information page.
4/14/2020 Update: The CALPADS SENR - Student Enrollment extract will NOT be modified to include the E155 - "Year End Enrollment Exit Same School" code as of the school closure date. Enrollment information should continue to be maintained even during school closures. More information is available: CALPADS Update Flash #175 and CALPADS Update Flash #173
4/9/2020 Update: We will be making some adjustments to Attendance History and the CALPADS Student Attendance (STAS) extract in Aeries to only calculate attendance data until a specified date, so that no changes to the school calendar will be necessary. This data would then be reported correctly for the STAS extract. This is in development and will be released in the coming weeks in time for EOY reporting.
Aeries Software has been working with the CDE on attendance procedures during this time.
The following link to CDE contains very important information and should be reviewed:
|From CDE: For the purpose of preventing losses of attendance based funding as a result of reductions in ADA due to COVID-19, SB 117 provides that the ADA used for both the second period and the annual period apportionment includes all full school months from July 1, 2019 to February 29, 2020.|
Here are some important notes:
- Do NOT delete attendance (ATT table) information for dates after February 29th, 2020.
- Do NOT delete the months from your calendar (DAY table) after February 29th, 2020.
- Do NOT adjust the calendar to add "@School Not In Session" symbols.
- Do NOT mass add absent codes to your students for any dates after February 29th, 2020.
- Do NOT mass change a student's program (STU.SP) to Independent Study or Distance Learning.
Note: If you feel that it is an absolute necessity to change the calendar, please call support first.
|From CDE: Should LEAs claim attendance for apportionment for participation in independent study or other types of distance learning while school is closed in response to COVID-19?|
Should your school want to continue taking (non-ADA) attendance to track participation in distance learning after February 29, 2020, here are some suggested options:
- Continue with Regular Attendance, with students left in their same classes.
- A Positive attendance code can be used to mark students participating in Independent Study or Distance Learning. There is no need to mark students as absent.
- Use the Aeries Gradebook to track participation in Independent Study or Distance Learning.
- Do NOT mark Grading Complete, as this will unduly show students missing assignments.
- Use Supplemental Attendance in Aeries to mark students participating in Independent Study or Distance Learning.
- Sessions can be created for each teacher and course.
- The "Walk-In" option can be used.