Aeries Software has been working with the CDE on attendance procedures during this time.
The following link to CDE contains very important information and should be reviewed:
|From CDE: For the purpose of preventing losses of attendance based funding as a result of reductions in ADA due to COVID-19, SB 117 provides that the ADA used for both the second period and the annual period apportionment includes all full school months from July 1, 2019 to February 29, 2020.|
Here are some important notes:
- Do NOT delete attendance (ATT table) information for dates after February 29th, 2020.
- Do NOT delete the months from your calendar (DAY table) after February 29th, 2020.
- Do NOT adjust the calendar to add "@School Not In Session" symbols.
- Do NOT mass add absent codes to your students for any dates after February 29th, 2020.
- Do NOT mass change a student's program (STU.SP) to Independent Study or Distance Learning.
Note: If you feel that it is an absolute necessity to change the calendar, please call support first.
|From CDE: Should LEAs claim attendance for apportionment for participation in independent study or other types of distance learning while school is closed in response to COVID-19?|
Should your school want to continue taking (non-ADA) attendance to track participation in distance learning after February 29, 2020, here are some suggested options:
- Continue with Regular Attendance, with students left in their same classes.
- A Positive attendance code can be used to mark students participating in Independent Study or Distance Learning. There is no need to mark students as absent.
- Use the Aeries Gradebook to track participation in Independent Study or Distance Learning.
- Do NOT mark Grading Complete, as this will unduly show students missing assignments.
- Use Supplemental Attendance in Aeries to mark students participating in Independent Study or Distance Learning.
- Sessions can be created for each teacher and course.
- The "Walk-In" option can be used.
Note: The CALPADS Student Attendance (STAS) extract in Aeries will be adjusted to only extract Attendance and Enrollment data up to February 29th, 2020, for the End of Year reporting.