The following fields will be hidden from the form when the Flex Scheduling feature is enabled.
- Split Term
- Days ( M, T, W, Th, F)
- Teacher ( #1, #2 #3 )
- HQ (#1, #2, #3)
Add Sections in Master Schedule ↑
To add sections, click the Add button. The next available section number will be assigned but can be changed before the record is saved. It will normally default to the next highest section number. The options available under Flex Period and Class Calendar will be records assigned to the current academic year.
If scheduling for the current year is set, adding a section and section staff record to the Master Schedule page (MST/SSE) will also create the same record in the Scheduling Master page (SMS/SSM).
Enter the selections for semester, flex period, class calendar, course number, room, credit, group fields, tag, track, program and maximum students, where appropriate. When complete, click Insert. The class will be added to the MST table.
Users will be unable to remove the Flex Period or Class Calendar records for sections that have associated Course Attendance records (CAR). Sections that are not associated with Course Attendance (CAR) records can be saved without values until they are ready to be scheduled into a Flex Period.
The following alert will display when attempting to save a record with "None" in either dropdown. The Flex Period and/or Class Calendar dropdown values will return to their original prior to editing the record.
Add Section Staff Members in Master Schedule ↑
Section staff members will be added from the staff table (STF) and not the TCH table.
To add a staff member, click the Add New record button.
Search for the staff member by staff id or name. Staff members with their primary school assigned to the current school will display without the need for a Teacher record.
In cases where the required staff member's primary school is a different school in the district, a user can search for the Staff ID by entering the number and the staff record will display. A Staff Job Assignment is not required to perform a search but may be required for State Reporting purposes.
All sections must have a primary teacher selected otherwise a warning message will display as shown below. The only exception is when adding itinerant teachers. See Flex Scheduling - CRSE Extracts for details.
PRIMARY SCHOOL - This field will auto populate based on the primary school assigned on the staff demographic record.
PRIMARY TEACHER - Check this box if the staff member added will be the primary teacher of record.
STAFF ROLE - Choose the correct code that describes the staff member's job role.
ATTENDANCE PRM -
- Selecting Yes will give the Staff member access to view and take attendance during the Start and End Dates. This will default to Yes if the section staff member is marked as Primary Teacher, but this can be changed as necessary.
- A blank value is assumed Yes.
- A No value will hide the Section/Students on the Teacher Attendance page, Classroom Attendance, Attendance by Photo and Attendance in the Teacher App, regardless of the Start and End Dates.
GRADEBOOK PRM -
- When a Teacher is set as the Primary Teacher for the section this permission will automatically be set to Full permission. Full permissions allow full access to the Gradebook including access in the Load Grades from Gradebook area.
- Selecting Full will give non-primary teachers access to view and edit the gradebook and will also allow the staff member to Load Grades from Gradebook.
- A No (None) value will hide the gradebook from the teacher and will remove any permissions for the gradebook linked to this section. Note: If a teacher is no longer assigned to the section and does not need access to the Gradebook, this field should be set to No (None) so the teacher no longer sees it. This is a District determination and the field should be adjusted accordingly.
- Start and End Dates are honored regardless if Full permission remains on the record.
- If a Section Staff member was marked as Primary Teacher but then changed to Past Primary Teacher, the permission fields will remain the same and should be evaluated and marked accordingly to ensure proper permissions are in place. If a past primary teacher should no longer have access to the gradebook, the permission must be set to No (None).
GRADE REPORTING -
- Selecting Yes will give the staff member access to enter grades regardless of the End Date. This will automatically be switched to Yes if the section staff member is marked Primary Teacher.
- A blank value is assumed Yes.
- A No value will hide the periods available in the dropdown on the Grades page or if the End Date is in the past. Start and End Dates are honored regardless if Full/Yes permission remains on the record.
STU ACCESS -
- Selecting Yes will give the staff member access to search for the students. This will automatically be switched to Yes if the section staff member is marked Primary Teacher.
- A blank value is assumed Yes.
- Start and End Dates are honored regardless if a Yes is selected on the record.
STATE RPT - A Yes in this field will indicate the staff member for this section will be extracted in State Reporting. In order to not extract this staff and section, a No value must be used.
START DATE - Start Date is honored with the Attendance Prm, Gradebook Prm, Grade Reporting, and Stu Access fields.
END DATE - End Date is honored with the Attendance Prm, Gradebook Prm, Grade Reporting, and Stu Access fields.
STATUS - Codes can be added using the COD table to describe active and inactive status. This field is for information only and does not sync with the Staff page.
Click on the Save icon to save the record.
Additional staff members can be added to the section by repeating this process. Only one primary teacher per section is allowed. The staff name is a link and clicking on it will navigate the user to the Staff page.
Note: Staff member names cannot be edited, you must delete the record and add a record for a new staff member.
Change Sections in Master Schedule ↑
To update any information about the class currently displayed, click the Change button and make any necessary changes. Click Update to complete your change. Currently, The semester field and the course field are locked from making changes.
Note: While scheduling for the current year, changes made to an MST record will automatically sync the changes to the matching SMS record.
Delete Sections in Master Schedule ↑
The Delete button is used to delete unused sections from the Master Schedule. A section to be deleted should not have any students assigned. Select the correct section to be deleted and click the Delete button. A message will display verifying the deletion of this section. Click the OK button to delete the class. Run the copy section process to create a duplicate section and then move the students if needed.
The delete process will also delete the section staff members assigned to the section. If scheduling for the current year, if a MST record is deleted, the matching section record in SMS and section staff record in SSM will also be deleted.
Copy Sections in Master Schedule ↑
The Copy button on the bottom of the form is used to create a new section by copying a section already set up in the Master Schedule. Select the section to be copied. Click the Copy button.
A message will display verifying this section will be copied into a new section. Click the OK button and the following selection box will display if students are assigned to this class. Select the appropriate option and click the OK button to continue or the Cancel button to cancel the Copy process.
All information will be copied except for the Flex Period and Class Calendar. Select the new Flex Period and Class Calendar. The section number will be auto-assigned. Change any other information and click Insert. A NEW section will now be added to the Master Schedule. Add the Section Staff Members to complete the record.