The Multi-Table Queries session will cover building complex query statements using multiple tables and fields. Also covered will be the use of the Database Table Information Report. Time will be allotted during the session for a rountable group discussion building queries based on your questions or scenarios.
- Tips for complex queries
- Advanced understanding of Aeries Tables Relations
- Defining Multiple Tables and Fields in a Query
- Use of the Database Table Information Report
- Building complex Query Statements
- Selecting Records by Criteria “IF”
- Using Connectives “AND” and “OR”
- Sorting Data – Ascending or Descending Order
- Troubleshooting of Query Errors
- Get a clear picture of what data is needed and the order that it should be sorted. If this data is a request, getting it in writing can be helpful.
- Identify the tables needed.
- Contemplate whether the query will be easier preceded with a KEEP or SKIP statement.
- What is the most logical order in which to place the fields?
- How should the data be sorted?
- Do I want to pass the data on to another application?
- Do I need to teach someone else how to do this query? Share the load and make life easier for yourself and more rewarding for others.
User supplied queries can be found on the website in the Sample Queries/Query Banks.
Powerpoint for this session is attached below: