This SENR ODS Audit process is designed to take the CALPADS ODS SENR Extract files and validate the data against what is currently known in Aeries and output files for the current year.
Before running the process in the current year, the previous year’s enrollment must be closed out. This process will adjust CALPADS data to be aligned with Aeries data.
Note: This process should only be run in the current year. This process should not be run in prior years.
Below is an overview of the SENR ODS Audit, with instructions to follow:
- Download the full CALPADS SSID Enrollment ODS Download file
- In the current year, import the CALPADS SSID Enrollment ODS Download file into Aeries using the Import SENR ODS Extract File button on the Create CALPADS Extracts form, ODS Reconciliations, SELA Import tab.
Click on the Load File, Evaluate, and Create New SENR File button. A new SENR file will be created.
- Upload the new file to CALPADS.
Step 1 – Request CALPADS File
- In CALPADS:
- Reports > Extracts > ODS Extracts > "SSID Enrollment ODS Download"
- Choose a Start Date of "7/1/2003".
- Download the file to a location on your hard-drive
Step 2 – Import CALPADS File into Aeries
- In Aeries:
- Open the Aeries software to CURRENT YEAR
- Open the Create CALPADS Extracts form
- Make sure all options are set correctly and all code value translations are correct
- Go to the ODS Reconciliations, SELA Import tab
- Click the Select SENR ODS Extract File button and select the file you downloaded from CALPADS
- Click the Load File, Evaluate, and Create New SENR File button to create the SENR file to send to CALPADS
Step 3 – Upload Aeries File to CALPADS
- In CALPADS:
- Use the CALPADS system to upload the resulting SENR file
- Many errors are a result of incorrect options on the "Create CALPADS Extracts" form
- DO NOT POST the SENR file until you get the number of errors down to zero or almost zero.