The Transcript Definition page allows schools or district to determine what information should print on a student’s transcript. The Transcript Definitions page can be accessed from Grade Reporting | Configurations on the navigation tree. The school or district can also create as many variations of the transcript as desired. For example, some colleges require immunization records to be listed on a student’s transcript.
The Transcript Definitions page contains a Default transcript, which is the setup created for your original transcript. When this page displays, the Default record will automatically display with all options set up.
There are five tabs available on the Transcript Definition page.
General – displays the overall formatting options available for the transcript
GPA Options – allows you to select which GPA’s will print on the transcript along with student ranking
Terms – allows you to select the Term Headings that will print
Optional Area – allows you to select which information will be printed at the bottom portion of the transcript
TTP Things to Print – allows you to set up the tests, activities/awards and immunizations information that can be selected to print
The General tab will display the formatting options that are available for the transcript. These options can be turned on or off by clicking on the Change button to enter into edit mode and then by clicking on the Check box or Radio button.
- Name Under Transcript Title -- the School Name, the District Name, or the Reporting Home School (STU.HS) can be selected to print under the Transcript Title
- Show Work In Progress on the Transcript – displays all classes a student is currently enrolled in for this semester
Hide Classes Tagged Not to Print – if Work in Progress is selected, it will not print the course if the section is flagged with X or Z in the Tag (MST.ST) field.
- Show Future Terms – if Work in Progress is selected and Spring classes are pre-scheduled during the Fall then they will display in the Fall semester Work In Progress . The same is true for trimester or quarter classes, the pre-scheduled classes in a future term will display in the Work in Progress area. In the below example the Civics CP class is a Spring Term class.
- Home School instead of Current School -- if Work in Progress is selected and the student has a Reporting Home School (STU.HS on Student Data 2), the Reporting Home School will print instead of the Current School
- Hide Shading on Laser Report – will remove all shading from the report
- Extra Space on Cred/GPA – adds an extra space after the Credit Attempted and GPA
- Name of School Courses Taken – will print a separate line with the school name where the student took the course
- Combine Year/Term and School – will print year, term and school name on one line
- Include City & State – this option is available if Combine Year/Term & School is selected and will print the City & State of the school in the heading when the school is not the current school
- Print +’s and –‘s - will print any + or – for the grade the student received, such as, A+
- Print "Class of" or "Graduated" label – will either print "Class of" and the year the student will graduate, "Graduated", or if STU.HSG has been flagged with a code the description of the code will print
- Hide Student Enter/Leave Dates – will not print the dates that a student has entered or left
- Low Grade/High Grade – will only print transcript records within the selected grade range unless the course is set up in Off Grade Courses
- Print State Student ID Number – will print the State ID number at bottom of transcript
- Hide Parent Telephone – will not print the Parent’s telephone number
- Print Birthplace instead of Counselor – will print a birthplace instead of counselor name IF birthplace was entered on the Other Student Data form in the Birth City field
- Print Parent Address to Colleges – if a college transcript is printed the school address will be replaced with the parent address in the top right hand corner
- Hide College Prep Tags – will not print tags to the left of the course and will not print on border below course information
- Hide Honors Tags – will not print tags to the left of the course and will not print on border below course information
- Hide Non-Academic Tags – will not print tags to the left of the course and will not print on border below course information
- Hide Repeat Tags – will not print tags to the left of the course and will not print on border below course information
- Hide Transcript Comments - will not print the comments on the transcript
- Print Middle Name instead of Initial – will print the middle name rather than just the initial
- Expand Student Name by Hiding – will expand the area available to print the student name by not printing the student number, Counselor or both.
- Hide Course IDs on the Transcript - This option will hide the Course ID field and expand the Course Title.
- Print Subject Area (S1) instead of Crs ID - This option becomes available when the Hide Course ID's on the Transcript option is selected. The Print Subject Area instead of CRS ID option will print CRS.S1 information instead of CRS.CN.
- Signature Line Text box – can enter your own signature line text to be printed at the bottom of the transcript
- Reset Default Signature Line Text – will reset the signature line text back to the default (“This transcript is unofficial…..”)
Image options allows you to print transcripts with a Watermark image, a District Logo, and/or a Principal Signature image.
The Watermark image is added to the selected transcript definition by clicking on the Upload Watermark button. A window will open allowing you to choose a watermark image file from your computer. Once the image is selected, click Open to set the Watermark. Each transcript definition can have a distinct watermark.
The District Logo and the Principal Signature images are uploaded from the School Options page.
The District Logo is set in the District record of the School Options page. To upload a logo, click on the Logo button.
The Upload Image File popup will display allowing you to choose a Logo file from your computer. When the file is selected, click on the Upload button to set the District Logo image. To remove the Logo image, click on the Remove Image button.
The Principal Signature image is set in the School record of the School Options page. Each school can have a distinct Principal Signature image. To upload a signature image, click on the Signature button.
The Upload Image File popup will display allowing you to choose a Signature file from your computer. When the file is selected, click on the Upload button to set the Principal Signature image. To remove the Principal signature image, click on the Remove Image button.
Print District Logo - Enabling this option in the General Tab of the Transcript Definition page will print a district logo on the right-hand side of the Student Transcript using the uploaded district logo from the District Record of the School Options page.
Print Principal Signature - Enabling this option in the General Tab of the Transcript Definition page will print a Principal's signature on the Student Transcript using the uploaded Principal's Signature image from the School Record of the School Options page. The Print Principal Signature option will also print the current date on the transcript.
GPA Options Tab
The GPA Options tab allows you to select which class rankings and GPA’s will display on the Transcript page and will be printed on the bottom left corner of the transcript. The following options and various GPA’s are available.
The Off Grade Courses Term Disclaimer will display on the High School transcript for any transcript records with a grade level outside of the grade range of the current school.
Ranking Type allows you to select Normal Ranking or Decile Ranking. Decile Ranking divides the class into 10 parts and each student is given a ranking based on which percentile they fall into. All students in the top 10% are given a rank of 1. The bottom 10% are given a rank of 10. Here is an example of Decile vs Normal:
- Joe – 4.00 – Rank 1
- Jerry – 3.99 – Rank 2
- James – 3.99 – Rank 2
- Jack – 3.99 – Rank 2
- Jamie – 3.50 – Rank 5
- Joe – 4.00 – Rank 1
- Jerry – 3.99 – Rank 2
- James – 3.99 – Rank 3
- Jack – 3.99 – Rank 4
- Jamie – 3.50 – Rank 5
The Terms tab allows you to select the Semester/Term headings that will print on the transcript. State Term Codes are required for CALPADS End of Year reporting.
- Semester/Term Headings – allows you to enter text for the semester name to be printed on the Year/Term line above the courses taken that term (for example Fall).
- State Term Codes - allows you to populate the CALPADS translated terms for each of the terms that appear in the transcripts. These fields need to be populated for CALPADS EOY reporting.
Optional Areas Tab
The Optional Areas tab pertains to the bottom portion of the Transcript. Any 2 of the following 3 options can be printed, which includes Print Student Photo, Print/Define TTP or the High School Graduation Status. The Things To Print can be expanded up to 52 items including tests, activities and Immunizations if only the Print/Define TTP is selected however in this case Print Student Photo and Print Graduation Status MUST be de-selected.
- Print Student Photo – will print the student photograph at the bottom of the transcript in the middle section.
- Print/Define TTP – can print items set up on the TTP – Things to Print tab and can expand up to 52 items and Immunizations can be printed if only Print/Define TTP is selected
- H.S. Graduation Status – will print the student’s current graduation status
- Include Algebra 1 Requirement – will print the requirement status in the Credit Summary area
- Competency Tests – will print the competency tests in the middle section
- Print CAHSEE - will print the CAHSEE status if the option is set to Yes
TTP - Things to Print Tab
The TTP – Things to Print tab is utilized to select and define the different data to be printed on the transcript. This includes test scores (TST), college test scores (CTS), college articulations (CCC), immunization data (IMM), activities/awards (ACT), competency tests, physical fitness (PFT), student data (STU) and supplemental data (SUP).
NOTE: The Things to Print tab applies to all Transcript Definitions that have been set up, such as Default and FAX or IMM displayed above.
To add an item to the TTP – Things to Print click on the Add Record button. Click on the Table drop down and the tables will display. Select a table from the drop down.
Click on the Test/Event and all tests or events related to the selected table will display. The remaining fields will change depending on the table selected. For example, if the TST table is selected the remaining Test fields will display. Select the options available from the Subtest/Part, Score, Grade Range and Print Options.
If the IMM table is selected the Subtest/Part and Score will display N/A and the Grade Range will not be accessible. Enter the Print Options available.
If the CCC table is selected the Test/Event, Subtest/Part, Score, and Print Option can all remain at their default values (N/A, blank, or 0).
If Print/Define TTP is checked on the Optional Areas tab, but the TTP tab is blank (no items have been defined to print), certain test score records for the student will be printed on transcripts: SAT I, ACT, SAT II, and any other test from the CTS table.
Adding a New Transcript Definition
Variations of transcripts can be created from the Transcript Definition form. Click on the Add button in the right legend of the Transcript Definition page to add a new Transcript Code.
Type a 3-character code that will represent the new transcript. For example, COL is entered below for College. Enter a description in the Description box. Select the Copy settings from Default Transcript Definitions? option to copy only the required settings to this new transcript. Click on the Add Record button.
The new transcript definition will display under Default. Review all options and select the options appropriate for this transcript.