NOTE: The Aeries LTEL Import process has been adjusted as of the 5/23/2023 Aeries update to support the new format that changed as of 5/12/2023.
The LTEL Import tab is used to load the CALPADS Long-Term English Learner (LTEL) and At-Risk LTEL data File into the Aeries Language Assessment (LAC) table.
CDE LTEL information: Enrollment by ELAS, LTEL, and At-Risk by Grade
Note: The LTEL file that can be imported into Aeries comes from emails from email@example.com. The initial notification is sent to the CALPADS Administrators and then another email contains the Access Codes to the Student Online Accountability Record Status (SOARS) system. The LTEL file is not available on the CDE/CALPADS website. The LTEL file on the CDE/CALPADS website includes totals by district and cannot be imported into Aeries.
The Language fields for Long Term English Learner (LAC.LT) and Years as English Learner in US School (LAC.YEL) will be updated from the file.
The LTEL Import will update/add LTEL data only. The import does not clear the previous year's LTEL data fields.
If a newly re-designated student (RFEP) was LTEL in the prior school year, the data in LTEL fields will not be changed by the LTEL Import. The management of these data fields is a district decision.
- Districts can leave the data in the fields and use a KEEP statement to limit to current ELs when querying LTEL data from Aeries.
- Districts can clear the fields with a change query. Only students in the current LTEL Import will reflect the LTEL data.
From the LTEL Import tab on the CALPADS Extracts page, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Select LTEL File (.csv) button and browse to the file
- Click on the Load Selected File button to load the file
- Review LTEL File - after the file is loaded, the data can be reviewed. The popup will display the information from the file.
4. The Update LAC.LT and LAC.YEL button will load the Language Assessment fields for
Long Term English Learner (LAC.LT) and Years as English Learner in US School (LAC.YEL). The LAC.LT field will import from the file for any students with the following Status code:
- LTEL status will import as "L"
- ATRISK or AR-LTEL status will import as "R"
5. Overwrite existing LTEL Values option – This option will overwrite any LAC.LT and LAC.YEL values
with the new values in the file. You should ALWAYS choose this option.
6. An email will be sent when the update is complete. Below is an example of the email.
So, a total of 3 records were updated with information from the file.
Once the import is completed, the newly added data will reflect on the Language Assessment screen under Other Information in the LAC.LT (LTEL) and LAC.YEL (Years EL) fields.