The Load Direct Cert form is used to load the CALPADS Direct Certification File into the Aeries Free and Reduced (FRE) table.
This process will load NSLP Code “F” for NSLP Free students into the FRE table and will update the Eligibility Start Date when needed.
- This process will load NSLP codes "F" or "R" for NSLP Free / Reduced students into the FRE table and will update the Eligibility Start Date when needed.
- The Direct Certification file now includes NSLP students with Reduced (R) status.
- A student can now have multiple Direct Certification records (i.e. Free and Reduced).
- If FRE records exist in Aeries without an Eligibility Start Date, the date from the Direct Cert file will be used to update the FRE record.
- If FRE records exist in Aeries with a current year Eligibility Start Date, the record will not be updated.
- The FRE Source field will be updated with the code from the Direct Cert file.
- The Direct Certification record with a Free (F) status (codes S, M or T) will have precedence over a Reduced record for a student and will extract to CALPADS.
- A student who has Reduced Meal status for the current school year can change to Free Meal status.
To load new Direct Certification file into Aeries, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Select Direct Certification File button and browse to the file
- Click on the Load Selected File button to load the file
- Review Direct Certification Import - after the file is loaded, the data can be reviewed. The popup will display the information from the file.
4. Update Free and Reduced – This button updates the Free Code (FRE.CD) field and Free Source Code (FRE.SRC) from the loaded data.
An email will be sent when the update is complete.
As of the October 20, 2017 update, the Direct Certification Import and SPRG Extract file have been adjusted.
We are importing the Direct Cert records as they are in the file with the following exceptions:
1. If Reduced start date is PRIOR to Free date:
- Direct Cert Import - Import Reduced records with start date in the file and end date 1 day prior to the Free start date.
- SPRG Extract - Send both but close the Reduced 1 day prior to the Free start date
2. If Reduced start date is AFTER the Free date:
- Direct Cert Import - Import both the Free and Reduced record. Import Reduced with start and end dates the same dates.
- SPRG Extract - ONLY send the Free keeping original date and program open, never send the Reduced. Reduced records with same start and end dates will be skipped and will not be included in the SPRG extract.
3. If Dates are the same on both records:
- Direct Cert Import - Import both the Free and Reduced record. Import Reduced with start and end dates the same dates
- SPRG Extract - ONLY send the Free keeping original date and program open, never send the Reduced. Skip Reduced records with same start and end dates.
NOTE: It is important to note that Free records always trumps Reduced records even if the date on the reduced is greater.
As of the October 20, 2017 update, the following options will display:
If selecting the "I LOADED the Direct Certification file before this update. Fix the FRE table" option:
- The fix will only affect students with existing Free records in the FRE table but a Reduced record in the Direct Certification file.
- This fix will look for inconsistencies in your data and will fix them, by closing or deleting (del-tagging) records.