The Identifiers tab is used to create an SSID Request (SENR) file extract for students without SSID numbers in Aeries. The SENR file can then be uploaded to CALPADS. The CALPADS SSID Extract with new and replacement SSIDs can then be imported into Aeries web version using this tab.
Note: Before creating files, verify the settings on the Other Options, Code Translations and Schools tab.
NOTE: CALPADS will be changing the SSID Request process as of April 18th, 2022 with the new File Submission Redesign. When a district uploads a file with blank SSIDs, the possible matches displayed will only be for students who attended your own LEA. All students will be given brand-new SSIDs if they did not attend your LEA. This can result in many MIDs (Multiple Identifier Anomaly). CDE announced that an SSID API will be available, but we have not received any information at this time.
- Due to the new CALPADS process, a Query KEEP or SKIP is recommended before creating a new SSID file. An example would be TK or Kindergarten students with no Other District enrollment records or New Kindergarten EL students (for summer testing).
- Create SSID Request File (SENR File) – verify that the correct schools are selected on the Schools tab before creating the file. Click the mouse on the Create SSID Request File (SENR) to create a file to send to CALPADS. The file will display in the File Download section at the bottom of the page. See the File Download article for more information.
Note: SENR records will only be created for new students with current enrollment. Students with enrollment dates in the future will NOT be in included in the Create SSID Request File (SENR File). All functions related to CALPADS processing during the summer to facilitate testing during the summer have been moved to the Summer ELPAC Testing Tab.
New SSID Tab – allows the importing of CALPADS SSIDs into Aeries. To load new SSIDs into Aeries, follow the steps below.
1. Select New SSID File – This button is used to locate the file downloaded from CALPADS to import the new SSIDs. After selecting the file, the file name will display below the button.
2. Load Selected File
3. Review New SSIDs File - after the file is loaded, the data can be reviewed. The Review Loaded Data popup will display the information from the file.
4. Update STU.CID (SSID), LAC.EAC, LAC.EAD, LAC,USS, CSE.SWD – This button updates the STU.CID field with the SSIDs from the loaded data. The SSID Import process will also populate the ELAS information from the file into the LAC fields (LAC.EAC and LAC.EAD), updates the US School K-12 Entry Date (LAC.USS) field with the Earliest K-12 Enrollment Date found in CALPADS (if different), and populates the Students with Disabilities Indicator field (CSE.SWD) on the Special Education table if SWD=Y.
An email will be sent when the update is complete, identifying all tables that were affected.
SSID Replacement File - allows the importing of CALPADS SSIDs Replacement files into Aeries. Importing an SSID Replacement File from CALPADS will overwrite any Old SSID with the New SSID identified in the file. The Old SSID will be moved into the “Old SSID” (STU.OSI) field.
The process is the same as above. An email will be sent that will list the replaced and new SSIDs at the end of the process.