The Identifiers tab is used to create SSID Request (SENR) files for students without SSID numbers in Aeries. The SENR file can then be sent to CALPADS. The CALPADS files with new and replacement SSIDs can then be imported into Aeries web version using this tab.
Note: Before creating files, verify the settings on the Other Options, Code Translations and Schools tab.
- Create SSID Request File (SENR File) – verify that the correct schools are selected on the Schools tab before creating the file. Click the mouse on the Create SSID Request File (SENR) to create a file to send to CALPADS. The file will display in the File Download section at the bottom of the page. See the File Download article for more information.
Note: SENR records will only be created for new students with current enrollment. Student's with enrollment dates in the future will NOT be in included in the Create SSID Request File (SENR File)
- Process Schools Before Start Date (must have calendar created) – this option will allow an SSID Request to be created for students before the school year begins. This will help districts get SSIDs for pre-enrolled students, but this feature only works after the rollover process in the new school year. A calendar for the school must be created so the system knows what the first day of school is. It is also important to NOT delete Pre-Enrolled No Show Students if you have requested an SSID for the student already. You must keep the STU record and use the Summer Withdrawal fields.
New SSID Tab – allows the importing of CALPADS SSIDs into Aeries. To load new SSIDs into Aeries, follow the steps below.
1. Select New SSID File – This button is used to locate the file downloaded from CALPADS to import the new SSIDs. After selecting the file, the file name will display below the button.
2. Load Selected File
3. Review New SSIDs File - after the file is loaded, the data can be reviewed. The Review Loaded Data popup will display the information from the file.
4. Update STU.CID (SSID), LAC.EAC, LAC.EAD – This button updates the STU.CID field with the SSIDs from the loaded data. The SSID Import process will also populate the ELAS information from the file into the LAC fields (LAC.EAC and LAC.EAD).
An email will be sent when the update is complete.
SSID Replacement File - allows the importing of CALPADS SSIDs Replacement files into Aeries. Importing an SSID Replacement File from CALPADS will overwrite any Old SSID with the New SSID identified in the file. The Old SSID will be moved into the “Old SSID” (STU.OSI) field.
The process is the same as above. An email will be sent that will list the replaced and new SSIDs at the end of the process.