Steps for Processing SSID Matching Tool files Manually
- Step 1 - Log into Aeries and create the SSID Request File (SENR)
- Step 2 - Log into CALPADS and Upload the Aeries SSID Request File (SENR)
- Step 3 - Download the Result File in CALPADS
- Step 4 - In Aeries, Manually Populate the State Student ID (STU.CID) Field
This is the MANUAL process for extracting the CALPADS SSID Match Result file.
NOTE: TO ASSIST LEAs WITH MATCHING SSIDs USING OUR NEWLY RELEASED IDENTIFIER SSID MATCH TOOL PROCESS RELEASED ON 03/30/2023, NAVIGATE TO THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT:
-->>> NEW CALPADS Extracts Identifier Tab - SSID Match Process released on 03/30/2023
To continue with the manual process, follow the directions below.
CALPADS released a new SSID Matching Tool on August 10th, 2022 see CALPADS Update Flash #233. CALPADS Update Flash #231 has more information: CALPADS Update Flash #231. This new tool is separate from the file submission process in CALPADS and is solely for the purposes of helping Districts determine whether or not a student already has an existing SSID, and to avoid the creation of Multiple Identifiers (MIDs) for students.
Districts can upload an Aeries Student Enrollment (SENR) file with blank Statewide Student Identifiers (SSIDs) and receive a list of potential SSID matches in the new CALPADS SSID Match Results file. This file can be used to manually populate the SSID into Aeries into the State Student ID (STU.CID) field.
NOTE: Due to current CALPADS issues with the CALPAD SSID Match Results file, it is recommended to use caution.
This document will detail the process of using the SSID Matching Tool to manually update the State Student ID (STU.CID) field.
NOTE: This is the short-term solution developed by CALPADS to replace the Report 0.0 Candidate Matching List. This process will remain in place until the automatic Lookup Feature using an API is developed by CALPADS and released (no timeframe has been announced for this). There is an existing Aeries Idea for this API solution, so subscribe to this idea if you would like to be notified when it is available. Connect SSID Lookup API feature from CALPADS
The new tool is available in CALPADS in the Online Maintenance, Student Data tab. A new tab, SSID Match Tool will be available.
Steps for Processing SSID Matching Tool files ↑
Below is an overview of the SSID Matching Tool process, with detailed instructions to follow:
- Log into Aeries and create the SSID Request File (SENR)
- Log into CALPADS and upload the Aeries SSID Request File (SENR) on the new SSID Match Tool tab
- Download the Result File and review the results to determine which of the matches (if any) provided for a student match the submitted student.
- In Aeries, manually populated the State Student ID (STU.CID) field.
- Create a new Student Enrollment File (SENR) to upload to CALPADS. This file will include the newly matched students.
- To obtain new SSIDs for the remaining students that did not match, create another SSID Request File (SENR) in Aeries and process in the existing Candidate Matching process
Step 1 - Log into Aeries and create the SSID Request File (SENR)
- Log into Aeries
Go to the CALPADS Extracts > Schools tab and verify that the correct schools are selected
Go to the CALPADS Extracts > Identifier tab
Click the mouse on the Create SSID Request File (SENR) to create a file to send to CALPADS of all students without SSIDs. The file will display in the File Download section at the bottom of the page.
Step 2 - Log into CALPADS and Upload the Aeries SSID Request File (SENR)
- Log into CALPADS
- Go to Online Maintenance on the navigation tree on the right hand side, click on Student Data. Click on the SSID Matching Tool tab.
- Click on the Choose File button and upload the Aeries SSID Request File (SENR) and click on the Upload button.
- If rejected, research errors and reprocess
Step 3 - Download the Result File in CALPADS
- Download the .csv Results file to a location on your hard-drive
- Review the file
- For students with no full or partial match, a record is returned with the Result Category of "No Match"
- For students with single or multiple matches, records are returned with the Result Category of "Single Match" or "Multiple Match".
- A blank “Selection” field is provided in the file to allow the user to indicate which of
the potential matches is correct and to facilitate loading the file into Aeries. (Future Enhancement)
Populate the "Selection" field on the downloaded file to indicate the matches selected
Step 4 - In Aeries, Manually Populate the State Student ID (STU.CID) Field
- Log into Aeries
- Referring to the CALPADS "Results File, "Selection" field, populate the State Student ID (STU.CID) field on the Demographics, Student Data 2 tab
NOTE: User must be an "Admin" user to populate the State Student ID (STU.CID) field or have permissions to the "Student State ID" security area.
Step 5 - Create a new Student Enrollment File (SENR) to upload to CALPADS
- In Aeries, create a regular Student Enrollment File (SENR) to upload to CALPADS that will include the newly matched students and post their enrollment information to CALPADS. For more information, see Enrollment Update Process. If Use CALPADS History is defaulting to selected, the process will analyze the data in XRP table prior to creating new SENR files.
Step 6 - Create another SSID Request File (SENR)
- To obtain new SSIDs for the remaining students that did not match, there are two options:
- Manually obtain SSID numbers in CALPADS by using the Student Search function for the No Match students and copy/paste the new SSID number into the student's record in Aeries (see process in Step 4).
- Immediately create another SSID Request File (SENR) in Aeries and run it through the SSID Match Tool to confirm that only No Match students remain in the file.
- This may be the case if no new students were enrolled in Aeries during the time the SSID Matching process was occurring.
- If matches are found, repeat steps 2-5 until only No Match Students are in the file.
- The SSID Request file that contains ONLY No Match students can then be used in the existing CALPADS File Upload > SSID Enrollment-SENR process.
NOTE: It is important to use the new CALPADS SSID Match Tool to find potential matches and to avoid the creation of Multiple Identifiers (MIDs) for students.