- Does a District need to obtain SSIDs for Pre-Kindergarten Students (Infants, Toddlers, Preschoolers) or Private School Students who are pending a Special Education assessment?
- When should Enrollment Status Code of 50 Non-ADA Enrollment be used?
- How do you Skip Pre-Enrolled student records in CALPADS Extracts?
- What student Grade Levels need to be translated on the Code Value Translations tab located in CALPADS Extracts?
- Which exit code should be used when exiting a student from a Secondary/Concurrent Enrollment (Enrollment Status = 20)?
- CALPADS Exit E170 Code (Secondary Enrollment Exit) Information:
- What do I need to do for SENR updates during Extended CAASPP/ELPAC Testing?
- What do I need to do when enrolling brand-new students within the last two weeks of school in order to test them for IELPAC or CAASPP?
Districts must acquire Statewide Student Identifiers (SSIDs) and submit data for all Pre-K through Grade 12 students for whom the parent has consented to an evaluation, regardless if the child is found to be eligible for services. This includes:
- Infants referred to COEs and districts.
- Preschool-age students referred to COEs or districts.
- School-age students referred that are attending TK-12 public schools. (Students attending K-12 public schools would already have an SSID assigned and should not be assigned a new one).
- School-age students referred that are attending private schools and are receiving services from a COE or district.
Here are the guidelines from CDE:
- SSIDs must be obtained for Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade students referred for services who are pending assessments, including students attending Private Schools.
- For students attending Private Schools, create a school in Aeries and use a School Code (LOC.SC) of 0000002.
- To create a "District/Pending" School in Aeries for Infants and Toddlers or students pending an assessment, populate the School Code (LOC.SC) with a number that is the combined (concatenated) number of the district's County Code (LOC.CC) number + the District Code (LOC.DC) number. See snapshot below. (42+12345 = 4212345).
- Enrollment Start Date should be the date parental consent for the assessment was signed for the student.
- Students are tagged with a Student Program (STU.SP) which is translated in CALPADS Code Translations as Code - 50 Non-ADA Enrollment.
- Once an SSID is obtained, the student remains enrolled until the assessment is complete.
- If the student qualifies for Special Education services, select from the following scenarios:
- If the student does not qualify for Special Education services, the student is No Showed using a No Show (N470) code.
For a District School use a School Code (LOC.SC) of the county code number + the district code number.
Beginning with the 2019–20 Fall 1 submission, districts will be able to submit enrollments using a new Student Program (STU.SP) Enrollment Status Code of 50 Non-ADA Enrollment. This enrollment status code is specifically for use when reporting enrollments for students who are required to be tracked for state reporting, but for whom the district receives no apportionment.
The following are examples of the use of this enrollment status:
- Infant and toddler students, from birth to age 3 years old, receiving services on an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- Students who are paying tuition to attend a California public school, e.g., foreign exchange students or students whose primary residence is in Mexico.
Enrollment Status Code 50 Non-ADA Enrollment should not be used for students in Transitional Kindergarten programs who are not yet five years old.
NOTE: If student has a non-ADA Enrollment Status Code (50), Student Exit Reason must be null, E170 (NonPrimaryEnrlExit), N470 (No Show), or E150 (Mid-year update). Only mid-year updates are automatically populated in SENR when 440 program change is used.
When creating CALPADS extracts, districts have the option to skip pre-enrolled students from being included in any extracts. This does not affect the SSID request process.
If the checkbox is selected for * - Pre-Enrolled for next year (STU.TG = *) in the STU.TG values to skip column, all pre-enrolled students will be excluded from CALPADS extracts.
If the option is not selected, pre-enrolled students will still be excluded unless they have ENR records for the current school year. If pre-enrolled students have enrollment records, the enrollment records will be included in the extract.
Navigate to CALPADS Extracts > Other Options > STU.TG values to skip, then select the * - Pre-Enrolled for next year check box. Click Save button at the bottom of the page.
The extract from Aeries will automatically translate Grade Level 0 to KN. It will also add the leading zero for Grade Levels 1 through 9.
The Code Value Translations tab located in CALPADS Extracts needs to be updated for:
- Transitional Kindergarten (-1 = KN) for 2022-2023 school year
- Grade Levels higher than 13
NOTE: The Secondary Enrollment code must be translated in the CALPADS Extracts file as 20-Secondary Enrollment.