This article provides the basic configurations for Adding a New School in Aeries.
New Schools are added at the District Level.
Navigate to the School Options page and click the 'Add School' button.
This displays the form for editing and adding Information for the new School.
Complete the following information:
- Code - School number. If a School Code is already in use a warning message will appear.
- School Name - School Name
- Telephone, Fax
- Open and Close Dates - Date the School opened and closed. Informational only.
- Tag - Indicates that the School is Inactive.
- Street Address, City, State, ZIP, Extn, Country
- DNR - This excludes the School from State Reporting.
- Principal's Name, Email Address - For the Signature see Transcript Design Option
- ID Type - Indicates which type of ID Code is being used to identify the School.
- County - County Code
- District Code - Issued by the Agency listed in ID Type
- School Code-
- District LOC records should populate this field with seven zeroes: 0000000.
- NPS schools should populate this field with six zeroes and a one: 0000001.
- Private Schools should populate this field with six zeroes and a two: 0000002.
- Independent Charters should populate this field with the school part of their CDS number.
- Disctrict School should populate this field with the concatentated value of the County (99) + District Code (1234567): 991234567
- Charter - For Charter schools, populate with the Charter school number.
- Next Student ID - The IDN table will automatically issue the next available Student ID. However, this field can be used to designate a starting ID number. District Settings determine the value in this field
- Low Grade - Lowest Grade that will attend the School. This value impacts many areas such as Transcripts, Scheduling, Academic Plans and others.
- High Grade - Highest Grade that will attend the School. This value impacts many areas such as Transcripts, Scheduling, Academic Plans and others.
- Attendance Period - Period designated for monitoring attendance at Elementary Schools using a Master Schedule.
- Attendance Management - Manual or Attendance Time
- Tracks - If the School uses Tracks, identifies the number of Tracks used.
- School Website - Add the School Website URL, if desired.
- Short Name - A shortened version of the School name. For example if the School Name is "Tawny Eagle Year Round Elementary School", the Short Name may be "Tawny Eagle School".
- U1 - U8 - User fields. Codes may be added in Update Code Table LOC.U1-8.
Use the School Startup Task Chart to continue the set up of Calendars, Attendance, Staff, Teachers, Terms, etc.
See the links below for additional configuration information:
Portal Confirmation Email Address - Configure SMTP Email Settings
Intervention Referral Settings - Intervention Management Referral Notification Email Setup
School Contacts - School Contacts
Signature - Transcript Design Option