This article provides the basic configurations for Adding a New School in Aeries.
District School Options
On the School Options page click 'Add School' button.
This displays the form for editing and adding Information for the new School.
Complete the following information:
- Code - School number
- District Name - School Name
- Telephone, Fax
- Open and Close Dates
- Tag - Indicates that the School is Inactive.
- Street Address, City, State, ZIP, Extn, Country
- DNR - This excludes the School from State Reporting.
- Principal's Name, Email Address
- ID Type - Indicates which type of ID Code is being used to identify the School.
- County - County Code
- District Code - Issued by the Agency listed in ID Type
- School Code -District LOC records should populate this field with seven zeroes: "0000000". NPS schools should populate this field with six zeroes and a one: “0000001” and Independent Charters should populate this field with the school part of their CDS number. '0000002' should be used for Preschool and District School.
- Charter - For Charter schools, populate with the Charter school number.
- Next Student ID - The IDN table will automatically issue the next available Student ID. However, this field can be used to designate a starting ID number. District Settings determine the value in this field
- Low Grade - Lowest Grade that will attend the School. This value impacts many areas such as Transcripts, Scheduling, Academic Plans and others.
- High Grade - Highest Grade that will attend the School. This value impacts many areas such as Transcripts, Scheduling, Academic Plans and others.
- Attendance Period - Period designated for monitoring attendance at Elementary Schools using a Master Schedule.
- Tracks - If the School uses Tracks, identifies the number of Tracks used.
- District Website - Add the District Website URL, if desired.
- Short Name - A shortened version of the School name. For example if the School Name is "Tawny Eagle Year Round Elementary School", the Short Name may be "Tawny Eagle School".
Click the Insert button and navigate to the new school to add additional school-specific data.
The School Options page displays the populated fields.
Use the School Startup Task Chart to continue the set up of Calendars, Attendance, Staff, Teachers, Terms, etc.
See the links below for additional configuration information:
Portal Confirmation Email Address - Configure SMTP Email Settings
Intervention Referral Settings - Intervention Management Referral Notification Email Setup
School Contacts - School Contacts
Signature - Transcript Design Option