Navigate to Grade Reporting > Grading Reporting Process Dashboard. A wide array of options are available when using Grade Report Cards. Many pages and reports can be found in the Grade Reporting Process Dashboard.
Grade History (GRH)
Grade Report Options (GRO)
Update Multiple Mark Headings (GRP)
|Non-admin users will need full (Read, Insert, Update and Delete) permissions to: Grades, Grade History, Grade Reporting Options, Grade Reporting Address Options and Mark Headings and Descriptions.
To print report cards, users need Read and Update to GRD.
|Grade Reporting Periods (GPD)
|Users will need Update permission to GPD if using Grading Periods.
|Teachers Groups will need Read and Update to GRD to post grades.
Parent/Student Portal Groups
|Parent/Student Portal Groups need Read to GRD in order to see grades on the portal.
|Admin Users have full permissions to this page and available tables to Push/Pull.
Non-admin users can also be given Administer permissions to this page to Push/Pull specific tables.
Grade Reporting Options (GRO)
|Each User/Group needs to be given 'Administer' permission to the individual tables required by the Option Set they wish to push
Grade Report Options ↑
The Grade Reporting Options form is used to select the Grade Reporting Options and the Secondary Standards Based Grade Reporting Options. Some options were modified to work in Flex scheduling school types.
The Grade Reporting Options page includes a variety of options to be used when printing Grade Report Cards.
Initialize Grade Reporting Cycle ↑
The Initialize New Grade Reporting Cycle has been adjusted to work in a Flex Scheduling school or school using Section Staff. For complete directions on procedures for this page, see Grade Reporting - Initialize New Grade Reporting Cycle.
In a Flex School or school using Section Staff, the process will look at the Section Staff Members (SSE) table for any Primary Teacher. A primary teacher will have a "YES" indicator in the Primary Teacher (SSE.PR) column. When the Grade Reporting Cycle is initialized, the Staff ID from the primary teacher will be placed into the GRD table in a field called GRD.SID. Another field used is the Section (GRD.SE) field which was added as part of the primary keys. In order to have permissions to the Grade table and be able to update Grades from the Grades by Teacher form, the Staff member must either be the Primary Teacher or be a teacher with Grade Reporting access. A teacher with grade reporting access will have either a "blank" or a "YES" in the Grade Reporting (SSE.GR) column in the Section Staff Members area at the bottom of the MST page for the section.
Navigate to Grade Reporting > Functions > Initialize Grade Reporting Cycle. A green message will display if Grade Marks have been initialized previously indicating a date and Mark last initialized. A blue message will indicate if the prior grades have been copied to Grade History and will include the mark copied.
Select the Reporting Period, starting and ending dates for the grading period and the mark you wish to initialize. When selecting to Show Absences and Tardies, the Grade table will reflect absences for the Flex Periods and sections being created and will be calculated based on the CAT table where the period attendance is stored in Flex schools.
When Update Grade History (GRH)? is checked, the initialization process will include the function to copy the last GRD Mark to the GRH table at the same time prior to creating a new grade cycle, The mark being copied will display under the Update Grade History (GRH) for your reference. This information is pulled from the LOC table.
In some circumstances, it is necessary to add one section to an existing grade table when a cycle is currently active. Select the option Update for One Section and insert the section number being added.
A warning message will appear, select OK to continue the process. Select Cancel if you do not wish to proceed.
Upon completion of either process, you will receive an email notification to let you know the process has completed indicating the information included in your options.
NOTE: Never create a new Grade (GRD) table in the middle of a grading cycle.
Copy Grades to Grade History ↑
In a Flex School, this table will reflect any teacher in the Section Staff Members table that is either a primary teacher or a teacher with SSE.GR permissions as stated above. The Primary Teacher will display with an asterisk (*) next to their name. All other teachers connected to this section will display if the section staff record does not have an end date prior to the current date in section staff for the teacher.
For more information on Grade History, see the Copy Grades to History section under Grade Reporting.
Print Report Cards ↑
- Print Mail info at top of page: All letter Report Cards have the option to print mail information at the top of the Report Card instead of the bottom. Click on Print mail info at top of page to select this option.
- Select Report Card to Print: Select from 1 mark letter through 12 mark letters options, 1 mark trifold - 12 mark trifold options, Grade History Letter or Grade History Trifold.
- When these options are selected, use the drop-down to select which marks to display on the report card.
- Print Report Cards For: Defaults to print Report Cards for Active students Only. To include Inactive Students select Both Active and Inactive Students.
NOTE: If printing Report Cards for Inactive Students, confirm that the Sort Report Cards option in Grade Reporting Options is set to print by Name.
- The Address Report Cards To section has two options, Parents and Contacts - Only students who have contacts.
- Selecting Parents prints Report Cards using the Parent/Guardian name and address from the Demographics page.
- Selecting Contacts prints a Report Card only for those Contacts that have a Mail Tag code on a Contact record. If no contacts exist with a Mail Tag code, then no Report Cards are printed.
NOTE: Report cards generated for Parents and Contacts are two separate operations and MUST be run separately. This option is not available when sorting by Teacher.
- Print Report Cards in Languages: If the Grade Reporting Codes and Descriptions have specific Correspondence Languages set up, then Report Cards can be selected to print for these Correspondence Languages. The Report Card prints for all Students with that Correspondence Language (STU.CL).
NOTE: The translations must be set up in Update Grade Reporting Codes and Descriptions, otherwise the default is English.
- Tracks: If the School is multi-track an option displays to identify which track to print.
- Sort by Teacher: If the Grade Reporting Options page has the Sort by Teacher option selected, the Grade Report Cards page displays two additional options: