Navigate to Student Data > Other > Authorizations
The page provides a log of parent approval/denial of authorizations, prohibitions and waivers that are presented during Online Enrollment/Data Confirmation, such as allowing student photos to be used, allowing military access to test scores, etc. The log can also include parent acceptance of school policies and other documents.
Records can also be added and updated from this page.
For Texas users, this page is also used to maintain parental permission for participation in Bil/ESL (Type = 4). These fields can be updated from the Language Assessment page under BIL/ESL Placement Authorization as well.
|Authorizations (AUT)||Read||View authorization data|
|Read, Insert, Update and Delete||Update authorization records|
- Click Add New Recordto add a record, or click the Edit icon to update an existing record.
- Date (AUT.DT) - The date on which the authorization was presented in the Parent Portal.
- Type (AUT.TY) - The authorizations set up in Portal Options - Parent Data Changing.
- Status Date (AUT.SDT) - The date that corresponds to the Status field. The field is not used for Texas.
- End Date (AUT.EED) - When a 'Display after..' date is entered on the Parent Data Changing > Authorizations tab for Parents to renew the Authorization, the record will receive an End Date when the Parent runs through the Data Confirmation process. The End Date will be the record close-out date, one day before the Date in the Parent Data Changing > Authorizations tab. Additionally, an End Date may be entered to close out Authorization records during the New Year Rollover process using the Close out open Authorizations (AUT) option.
- Status (AUT.ST) - Whether the parent approved or denied the authorization, or blank if an authorization is not required.
- Code (AUT.CD) - The authorization code set up in Portal Options - Parent Data Changing.
For Texas users, the field displays Parental Permission codes that correspond to PEIMS/TSDS Code Table C093 (E0896).
- Source (AUT.SRC) - The email address of the parent/guardian who completed the online Data Confirmation process for the student.
- Comments (AUT.CO) - Add any additional comments about this record.
- Click the Save icon.
- Click the Print button or Print icon to produce a detailed report of the student's authorizations and prohibitions.