The Enrollment Tracking process allows districts to generate an enrollment event file that can be submitted to the TEA TSDS Event Tracking Module on a weekly basis.
Prior to creating the enrollment tracking file, use the Assign Unique ID process to produce a file of students in the district who do not have Texas Unique ID assigned, obtain IDs for these students, and then import the IDs into Aeries. See Texas - Unique ID Functions - Assign Unique ID.
The Enrollment Tracking process uses the enrollment data in the Enrollment History (ENR) table to create a file in the format specified by the TEA. This file can then be uploaded to the TSDS portal.
This process will honor KEEP/SKIP queries.
Pre-enrolled students (STU.TG = *) are not extracted.
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing Unique ID functions.
|Other - State Reporting||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Other Student Data - Student SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Staff Data - Staff SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
Additionally, users will need appropriate permission to view or update the individual tables that are used for maintaining data.
|Enrollment History (ENR)||Enter Date (ED)||The student's enrollment enter date in current year|
|Enrollment History (ENR)||Leave Date (LD)||The student's enrollment leave date in current year|
|Student Data (STU)||Date Timestamp (DTS)||the date-time at which the student's demographic record was changed|
|Encrypted Student Data (ESD)||Date Timestamp (DTS)||the date-time at which the student's SSN or S-Number record was changed|
Prior Steps ↑
- Assign a Texas Unique ID to any students who do not have one. See Texas - Unique ID Functions - Assign Unique ID.
- Be sure the following Demographics data exists for students who need a Unique ID. The Enrollment Tracking process will skip students if these fields are blank.
The Unique ID Functions tab contains two sub-tabs:
- Enrollment Tracking
- Assign Unique ID
Navigate to School Info > Imports and Exports > Texas State Reporting > Unique ID Functions >Enrollment Tracking
NOTE: The Scheduled Process currently cannot be enabled. The enrollment tracking process must be done on demand.
- Under Last Processed, if a file has previously been created, the date-time stamp is displayed indicating the last time the file was created.
- (This feature is not currently available.) Under Days to Run Process, if the file needs to be processed on a specific day of the week, select one or more days.
- (This feature is not currently available.) If the file needs to be processed at a certain time of day, enter the Time.
- (Optional) Enter the Email Address for the person who should receive status messages about the process. You can enter multiple addresses separated by a comma.
- (This feature is not currently available.) If the file needs to be processed on a certain date, enter the Date to Process. If blank, enrollment records for the entire year are included. Otherwise, the file will contain enrollment records for any student who has a date after the Date to Processin one of the following fields:
- ENR.ED: The student's enrollment enter date in current year is after the Date to Process
- ENR.LD: The student's enrollment leave date in current year is after the Date to Process
- STU.DTS: a change has been made to the student's demographic record after the Date to Process
- ESD.DTS: a change has been made to the student's SSN or S-Number record after the Date to Process
- Click Save if any field was updated.
A message is displayed confirming that the changes were saved.
- Click Run Process Now.
- You are prompted to confirm that you wish to continue. Click OK.
A message is displayed confirming that the process is running.
- When the process is finished you will be notified by email.
- Once completed, the Last Processed field is updated to display the date and time when the process was last run.
- On Texas State Reporting, the batch file is displayed under File Download with Type "EnrTrack."
- Click the download icon to downloaded the extract file.
The file is created in .csv format. It contains student demographic data, enter or leave dates, and other information required by TSDS and is formatted to be uploaded to the TSDS system:
- Delimited by double quotes and separated by commas
- Contains a header row, one or more enter/leave rows, and a trailer row