The Assign Unique ID process allows districts to create a batch file of students who do not have a Texas Unique ID. The file contains the demographic data required for Unique ID assignment which can be uploaded to the TEA TSDS portal in order to obtain Unique ID assignments for these students.
From the TSDS portal, a file will be created which contains the Unique IDs. The file can be downloaded from the portal and then imported to Aeries where the Unique IDs are added to the student records in the Unique ID field (STU.CID) on Demographics > Student Data 2.
This process will honor KEEP/SKIP queries.
Pre-enrolled students (STU.TG = *) are not extracted.
The following permissions must be set in Security for users who will be managing Unique ID functions.
|Other - State Reporting||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Other Student Data - Student SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
|Staff Data - Staff SSN||Admin||Run Texas State Reporting extracts|
Additionally, users will need appropriate permission to view or update the individual tables that are used for maintaining data.
Prior Steps ↑
- Run the following query to check for students who do not have the Texas Unique ID field (STU.CID) populated on Demographics > Student Data 2.
LIST STU SC ID LN FN GR CID IF CID = ' '
The query provides list of students whose Unique ID field (STU.CID) is blank.
- Be sure the following Demographics data exists for students who need a Unique ID. The Assign Unique ID process will skip students if these fields are blank.
The Unique ID Functions tab contains two sub-tabs:
- Enrollment Tracking (See Texas - Unique ID Functions - Enrollment Tracking)
- Assign Unique ID
Navigate to School Info > Imports and Exports > Texas State Reporting > Unique ID Functions > Assign Unique ID
The Assign Unique ID tab is used for two related functions:
- Generate Unique ID Batch File - Extract data in the TSDS-specified file format for students who do not have a Unique ID (STU.CID). This file is then uploaded to the TSDS portal to request Unique ID assignments.
- Import Unique ID Batch File - Import the file downloaded from the TSDS portal which contains requested Unique IDs. When the file is imported, Unique IDs in the file will be saved to the student records.
Generate Unique ID Batch File
- The Last Processed date and time indicate the last time the file was run.
- Click Run Process Now to extract students without a Unique ID (STU.CID).
- You are prompted to confirm that you wan to continue. Click OK.
- A message is displayed confirming that the process is running.
- When the process is finished you will be notified by email.
- On Texas State Reporting, the batch file is displayed under File Download with Type "AssignID."
- Click the download icon to downloaded the extract file.
The file is created in .csv format. It contains student demographic data and other information required by TSDS and is formatted to be uploaded to the TSDS system:
- Delimited by double quotes and separated by commas
- Contains a header row, student detail records, and a trailer row
Import Unique ID Batch File
Once the Unique ID Batch file has been downloaded from the TSDS portal, the file can be imported to Aeries. The file format is the same as the Assign Unique ID file, except that it contains the Unique IDs. The file can be in .csv or .txt format.
- Imported the file in one of two ways: Drag the file onto the drop zone, or browse and open the file from the Select files button.
- The import process begins automatically once a file is imported. If a record in the file contains a matching Student ID (STU.ID), then the associated Unique ID in the record will be imported as the student's STU.CID.
- Once the Unique IDs are imported, the Done message is displayed, as well as the message indicating that the files were successfully imported.