District Assets offers several reports, one of which is the Assets Course Listing. This report can be used to cross reference students with assets, or to find assets checked out to students who should not have them, or students who are missing assets. For example, this report can be used to find out which students in an English course do not have the English textbook for the selected course. This report could be used to do an analysis to ensure compliance with legislation.
The report has five distinct options:
- List all students in the class(es) and their status of each of the selected asset(s)
- List any students in the class(es) who do not have ALL of the asset(s)
- This option could be used, for example, to find any students who are taking an English course who do not have the associated English textbook. This would be accomplished by selecting the English textbook from the list of assets, and then selecting only the English courses where all students should have this asset. If multiple assets are selected, each student will be required to have both assets to be excluded from the report.
- List any students in the class(es) who do not have ANY of the asset(s)
- This report lists only by student. A student only needs one of the selected assets to be excluded from the report. For example, in cases where you have several different types of math books (Algebra book, Geometry book, and Trigonometry book), and you want to make sure each student has at least one of these. Select the various types of math books from the list of assets, and then select the various math courses. The report will display any students who do not have at least one math book. Note: this would not account for cases where the student may have been issued a math book for a course they are not in.
- List students NOT in the class(es) who have ALL of the asset(s)
- This will list any student who is not in the selected classes, but has all the selected assets.
- List students NOT in the class(es) who have ANY of the asset(s)
- This will list any student who is not in the selected classes, but has at least one of the selected assets. This report could be useful to find, for example, to find a student who is not in a Calculus course, but has a Graphing Calculator which is only issued to Calculus students.
Below is an example report with the option to Sort by Class and Student selected. The report will group by each section and list student alphabetically by student within each class.
If the Sort by Student option is used, it will simply list all students alphabetically without any grouping.
Note: If no students match the criteria selected, the following message will be displayed instead of generating the report: