The FRE table is a multi-record table and needs to be managed carefully.
- If there is more than one record, the proper Eligibility Start and End Date must be entered.
- Use the Eligibility Start and End Date to indicate participation or any change between the status that may occur in the fiscal year.
- The Eligibility Start and End Date must be within each fiscal school year.
- If districts use the FRE table as a single record table, the records can be deleted from the new school year after the roll over process. Or, districts can elect to not roll over the FRE table data during the roll over process.
- If districts use the FRE table as a multi-record table, the records can remain and be copied over to the next school year during the roll over process, providing longitudinal data on a student's NSLP eligibility. The Eligibility End Date needs to be populated if the FRE table is used as a multi-record table.
- When the FRE table is used as a single record table, the dates still need to be properly entered.
- The Import/Add Data to Aeries can be used to mass populate the data.
- Some districts use other date fields: Date modified (FRE.DM), Date Received (FRE.DR) or Date Assigned (FRE.DT) to indicate whether a student will be included in their counts for Information Day. These dates are not reportable dates.
Below are some helpful guidelines: