Graduating students need to have the Grad Status (STU.HSG) and Date Graduated (STU.DG) fields populated. These fields are located in Student Data/Demographics on the Student Data 2 tab.
- Do not mark the students as inactive (STU.TG) and do not change the Next School field (STU.NS).
- The next grade field (STU.NG) should be 13.
Matriculating students need to have the Grad Status (STU.HSG) code as 480 and Date Graduated (STU.DG) field populated. These fields are located in Student Data/Demographics on the Student Data 2 tab.
- If the student is leaving the highest grade level offered in your district, do not mark the students as inactive (STU.TG) and do not change the Next School field (STU.NS) .
- If the students are matriculating from a school to another school within your district (elementary to middle school), enter the next school number in the Next School field (STU.NS).
- If the students are matriculating from a school and will not be attending a school in your district but could re-enroll in your district, enter the school number of your Inactive/Archive school within Aeries. The student may return to your district and you will want to be able to re-activate and update their school record.
CALPADS uses the term “Graduate, Completer” to show graduates, completers and the student/school completion status used to determine the respective graduate type. The objective is to collect a valid Student Exit Category (E230 for completer exit) and a School Completion Status (how did the student complete the school, i.e. Exit Code 100 – Graduate or Exit Code 480 – Promoted -matriculated).
The Grad Status (STU.HSG) field is primarily used for 12th grade or transfer students; however, it is used for promoted (matriculation) students as well. It indicates the completion status for any student who meets the above criteria at this school. Any value in the STU.HSG field will automatically populate the End of Year status of a 230 and a leave date in the SENR file that is created.
This information is submitted to CALPADS during the EOY submissions.
For more information see: Graduates, Completers and Matriculators
NOTE: The use of the End of Year Status (STU.EOY), End of Year Next School Code (STU.ENS)and School Leave Date (STU.LD) on the Student Data 2 tab on the Student Demographics page does not prevent the student from rolling forward into the next year’s database. These fields are used for CALPADS reporting, not for the rollover process.
The Next School field (STU.NS) on the Student Data 1 tab on the Student Demographics page should be populated to determine which school the student will be added to in the New Year database. The STU.NS can be populated with either the current school code if they are returning to the same school in the New Year database, the Next School code that they will be attending if they are moving to a different school within the district, or with the Inactive School code if they are leaving the district.