In response to updated requirements from TEA regarding the tracking and reporting of Emergent Bilingual Indicator (EBI) data, Aeries is migrating EBI data from the Student table (STU) to the Programs table (PGM) for PEIMS reporting effective the 2023/24 academic school year. Using the Programs table provides date-tracking for districts for monitoring EBI (E0790) and will ensure data readiness for EBI data elements when Ed-Fi reporting begins in 2024/25. Additionally, districts can monitor student status progress through their Emergent Bilingual journey.
District Transition Preparation Tasks
- Run the following query to confirm every student has an EBI code value: LIST STU ID NM LF IF LF > 0
- Update users who had access to STU.LF with permissions to the Programs Table (PGM) to allow for accessing and monitoring the EBI data.
- Update any Table.Field reference for internal 3rd party integrations.
- Update the Table.Field reference for any saved queries by replacing STU.LF with PGM.TY and adding an If clause, IF PGM.CD = 148 AND PGM.PED = NULL. For example:
LIST STU PGM STU.ID STU.NM STU.GR PGM.CD PGM.TY PGM.PSD IF PGM.CD = 148 and PGM.PED = NULL
- Update any Analytic Item Definitions/Indicators to refer to the PGM.CD = 148 table instead of Student Language Fluency (STU.LF).
On the Analytics Item Definition page, locate the indicator identified above.
Change the Type to Program, change the Label Layout to Yes/No, and set the Program to 148 and click Save.
NOTE: For TX customer using Analytics to process At-Risk Indicators, updating any Item Definitions to PGM.CD = 148 is critical for correctly identifying At-Risk students.
Aeries Migration Processes
Effective October 9, 2023, EB data, as reflected in Aeries, will be migrated to Programs.
- Aeries will use the Student Language Fluency (STU.LF) value to populuate a Program record.
- Aeries will populate the Program Start Date (PGM.PSD) using the student's earliest first day of Enrollment (ENR.ED) for the 2023/24 school year as entered in the Enrollment History.
- If the student is Active (STU.TG = " "), Program End Date (PGM.PED) will be blank.
- If the student in Inactive (STU.TG = I), Program End Date (PGM.PED) will be blank and not populated.
- The migrated data will display in the Special Programs table where Program Code (PGM.CD) = 148.
- The EBI data field on Student Header Stu Data 1 tab and the Language Assessment page will now display as a hyperlink that redirects the user to the page.
- Districts should run the following query to produce a list for validation the EBI data:
LIST STU PGM STU.ID STU.LN PGM.CD PGM.TY PGM.PSD IF PGM.CD = 148 AND PGM.PED = NULL
- The EBI program has been added to the 23/24 Rollover checklist to ensure that no Program End Dates (PGM.PED) are added during the process.
- Districts will need to create a new Program record after October 9, 2023 for any student who is enrolling for the first time in the 2023/24 school year.
- Districts should run the Student interchange for Fall PEIMS. Do not submit the file. Use the file to verify the EBI data.
- Open the interchange in Notepad++ (or othere source code editor)
- Verify the TX-LEP Indicator element in your file.
- Verify the EBI data for several students to ensure all is as expected.
- Submit a ticket at support.aeries.com to report any issues or request further assistance with EBI data migration.