Beginning in 2023/2024 academic year as of 09/19/2023, the SINF extract will now include Parent Ed Levels for both Parent/Guardians submitted. The Parent Education Levels will be extracted from the Contacts (CON) table under the Ed Level field (CON.ELV).
There is a trigger date field that will initiate this change. The field is displayed in CALPADS Extracts > Enrollment Update > SENR tab. The date will default to 09/19/2023, the scheduled CALPADS rollover date. On this date, the SINF extract will include pulling the Highest Education Level for each parent. It is not recommended to change this date unless CALPADS changes the effective rollover date for implementing these changes. This field also impacts the Primary Language Codes in SELA extract and the Graduation Exemption Indicator in SENR extract.
Parent/Guardians are identified by settings in the District Settings page.
District Settings ↑
District Settings has an option for specifying which Record Type codes (CON.CD) represent the parent/guardian. Navigate to School Info > Configurations > District Settings and scroll near the bottom of the page.
- Districts who use the Aeries Online Enrollment process have already identified specific codes to designate Contact record types that are populated in the Record Types field (CON.CD).
- Districts who do NOT use Aeries Online Enrollment can still populate specific codes they can use to identify Parent/Guardian Contact Record Types. Contact Record types must first be added to the COD table on the Update Code Table page for the CON.CD field. See Update Code Table.
Once Parent/Guardian codes are created in the Code table, they must then be identified in District Settings. Select value(s) to indicate the Parent/Guardian contact record.
Here is an example list that the Demo Database is using:
The following fields in CON are very important for Contact management of Parents/Guardians
- Last Name (CON.LN) - Last name of Parent/Guardian. The extract will not include the name of the Parent/Guardian unless this field is populated.
- Education Level (CON.ELV) - Enter the Education Level for Parent/Guardian1 and Parent/Guardian2. If Parent Portal Only options are enabled in District Settings, the Parent Ed level entered for the parent in CON.ELV will write to STU.PED on Demographics page if it is higher than what is currently in STU.PED.
- Record Type (CON.CD) - Used to classify the Parent/Guardian Contact record into types.
- Primary Contact (CON.PC) -Y or N
- Ed Rights Holder (CON.ERH) - Y or N
- Lives With (CON.LW)- Y or N
- Access To Portal (CON.AP) - Y or N
- Contact Order (CON.OR) - All Contact records identified as Parent/Guardians according to District Settings will automatically be prioritized at the top of the CON table.
NOTE: If no Parent/Guardian codes are selected in CON, the Parent/Guardian will be selected using any of the following fields (if populated with a "Y"): Primary Contact (CON.PC), Ed Rights Holder (CON.ERH), Lives With (CON.LW) or Access to Portal (CON.AP). The order in which the contacts are processed is determined by CON.OR. The Parent/Guardian record types based on District Settings will automatically be prioritized at the top of the CON table. which will place the Parent/Guardian Record Types to a higher prioritization, followed by the additional settings that identify a Parent/Guardian (Primary Contact, Ed Rights Holder, Lives With and Access to Portal).
Contact Analysis Flowchart for the CALPADS SINF file ↑
CALPADS SINF Extract ↑
On the CALPADS Extracts > Other Options tab, the setting for Get Parent/Guardian Information from STU.PG and STU.PED (instead of CON) has been disabled as of the 9/19/2023 default trigger date.
It is important that users select the option to Extract SINF for ALL Students when extracting all students for the first time after the 9/19/2023 date. The reason is that when the SINF extract is created without the option selected, it will only extract students that have a CON.ELV records contained in the LGD table. Since CALPADS is expecting all students to be submitted with Parent Ed levels, it's critical to run this for all students initially or users may receive CALPADS errors.
NOTE: The SINF extract will no longer pull data from STU.PED field as of 9/19/2023.
This query can be used to identify Parent/Guardian records from CON.
LIST STU CON STU.NM STU.ID CON.FN CON.LN CON.NM CON.CD CON.ERH CON.PC CON.LW CON.AP CON.ELV
CALPADS Errors ↑
CALPADS Errors will be triggered if data is missing from the SINF extract pertaining to Parent/Guardian names and Highest Education Levels. For a complete list of errors, see CALPADS error listing on https://www.cde.ca.gov/ds/sp/cl/systemdocs.asp.
- Missing Parent Guardian Highest Education Level Code (SINF0453F1)
- A breakdown of all Errors can be found on the following page. https://documentation.calpads.org/Troubleshooting/ErrorList/