Navigate to Reports > Attendance > Attendance Log.
The Attendance Log Report is designed to display changes made to a students attendance record that are logged in the Attendance Log table or Class Attendance Log table (ATL or CAL). The report has various options and allows for sorting by Attendance Date or Teacher Name or Number. There are report Limit Options that include Attendance Date, Period (in period schools), Teacher, Student, Grade level, Absence Code Changed from, Absence Code Changed to, User name, IP Address, System or Change Date/Time Change. A date range is recommended when narrowing down the list of changes to a specific timeframe or a certain date. It is not required to fill in the Limit Options, however, they can be used as a tool to limit the report to certain criteria: i.e., a specific student who had attendance changes on a certain date; or getting a list of all changes made by a certain staff member.
|Attendance Log (ATL)||Read||To print the Attendance Log Report, users need Read permissions to the table.|
|Class Attendance Log (CAL)||Read||Permissions are inherited from ATL.|
Assigning Read permissions to CAL only gives permission to query this table.
Report Options ↑
- Sort by Attendance Date
- Sort by Teacher (Name or Number)
- Option to include Submission Log
The report can be sorted by Attendance Date and will have a page break between dates.
The report can also be sorted by Teacher Name and will have a page break between teachers. When sorting by Teacher, the report can be sorted by Name or Number. An additional option is available when sorted by Teacher, which allows the Attendance Submission Log to be included in the report. This report is usually run separately but has been incorporated into this report to allow both reports to be generated as one.
When selecting to print sorted by teacher, the teacher name will appear at the top along with the teacher # on the upper left. The list of students will be ordered by Date.
The report Limit Options are described below:
- Attendance Start and End Date: Entering a date will limit the report to the selected date range.
- Period: Select a period from the drop-down to limit the Attendance Log to display only changes occurring in this period. The period selection will be based on the Bell schedule or Flex Periods in Flex / Period schools. This option is not available in Daily schools.
- Teacher: Select a teacher to limit the report to only display students who have attendance changes and have this teacher as the teacher of record. In Flex schools, the staff will come from the
- Student: Select a student to limit the report to a specific student. Only one student can be selected at a time.
- Grade level: Select a grade level to limit the report to a specific grade. Only one grade can be selected at a time.
- Absence Code Changed from: Select a code to filter any student who had their absence code changed from this code.
- Absence Code Changed to: Select a code to filter any student who had their absence code changed to this code.
- User name: The user name drop-down will contain a list of users who are in the log and have changed attendance. Selecting from this dropdown will limit the report to only show students whose attendance was changed by this user.
- IP Address: A list of IP addresses contained in the table will display in the dropdown and are selected as desired.
- System: Optional to filter changes made in Aeries or Aeries.NET.
- Change Date/Time Change: Enter a date and time to limit the report to only display changes between these dates/times.
- Include Inactive Students: Select this option to include inactive students on the report.
Option to Include Submission Log ↑
When selecting to Include Submission Log option, the report will be generated to include the teacher's attendance submission record and will display the date timestamp of when attendance was submitted. Any attendance changes logged for the students in the teacher's class will display below the submission log record. When this option is selected, only filters for Attendance dates and Teacher options are available.
The following example shows the teacher Acosta with the Attendance Submission Log for 05/12/2023, section 1038 which was submitted by the teacher on 05/12/2023 at 8:27 AM. Beneath the submission log will display any attendance changes logged for the students in this section.
If a section does not have any student attendance changes, a message will display to indicate there are no student attendance changes to print. This message only displays for the option Include Submission Log.
NOTE: If a class is tagged to be excluded from attendance, the section will not display in the report.
School Types and Log Information ↑
The report is generated based on data stored in the Attendance Log and Class Attendance Log tables depending on the school type. The Attendance Log table stores a log of attendance changes from traditional schools, such as elementary or secondary school types.
The report is also available in flex schools where period or daily attendance is taken. In Flex schools using daily attendance, the all day code changes will be stored in the ATL table. In Flex period school types, the changes are stored in both the ATL and CAL tables. All day changes are logged in ATL while period changes are logged in CAL where section information is also included.
|Attendance Log (ATL)|
Elementary / Daily schools
Secondary / Daily schools
Flex / Daily schools
Student Number (SN)
Old Data (OD)
New Data (ND)
IP Address (IP)
Date Timestamp (DTM)
Student ID (SID)
|Class Attendance Log (CAL)|
Flex / Period Schools
|Student ID (ID)|
Old Data (OD)
New Data (ND)
IP Address (IP)
Date Timestamp (DTM)
Report Examples ↑
The following are various report examples in traditional schools and flex schools.
SECONDARY-PERIOD SCHOOL TYPE
In a secondary school sorted by Attendance Date, a column for Tch# will be included along with Section Number, CourseID, Course title and Room will also display.
When sorted by Teacher Name or number, the Teacher Name and Teacher # will display in the header. The Section Number, CourseID, Course title and Room will display within the report.
ELEMENTARY - DAILY SCHOOL TYPE
In an elementary daily school, sorted by Attendance Date, the Tch number, Teacher Name and Room will appear in the report.
When sorted by Teacher Name or number, the Teacher Name and Teacher# will display in the header. The room will display in the report.
FLEX - PERIOD SCHOOL TYPE
In a flex, period school, sorted by Attendance Date, the Primary Teacher name will appear in the report along with the Section Number, CourseID, and Course title.
When sorted by Teacher Name or number, the Teacher Name and Staff ID will display in the header. The Section Number, CourseID, and Course title will display within the report.
FLEX DAILY SCHOOL TYPE
In a flex, daily school, sorted by Attendance Date, the Primary Teacher name will appear in the report. No section information will display in the report.
When sorted by Teacher Name or number, the Teacher Name and Staff ID will display in the header. No section information will display in the report.
When sorted by Teacher Name and the Include Submission Log is selected, the Teacher Name and Staff ID will display in the header, the Attendance Submission Log details will display below indicating the timestamp of when the attendance was submitted by the teacher along with the Attendance log details for the student.
NOTE: In Period schools, All Day code changes will not be linked to a class and therefore will display as "Unassigned" for the Primary Teacher in Flex schools and "000" for Tchr # in secondary schools.