The Class Roster Report is used to print class rosters for teachers to keep track of their student’s attendance. This report may be turned in to the office and the secretary uses them to input the attendance by class in the Classroom Attendance Form. This report also serves as a record of absences during an Attendance Reporting Period for TEA auditors.
The Class Roster can be accessed on the Classroom Attendance Form or from the Reports navigation tree.
From the Classroom Attendance Form, click the Class Roster button.
From the Reports navigation tree, search for Class Roster.
The type of school will determine which set of options are available on the Class Roster Report. Click on the check box next to the option to include in the Class Roster Report. After all options are selected, click on the Run Report button and the rosters will be generated.
Schools with a Master Schedule will have the following options:
- Specific Term – Select from school terms
- Grade Roster – Prints a grid for inputting marks and citizenship
- Attendance Roster – Prints a grid for inputting attendance
- Attendance Roster - (including non-attendance sections) - Prints sections tagged to Exclude (MST.ST = Y - Attendance or MST.ST = Z - Grades or Attendance)
- Print for: One Day, One Month, or Reporting Period:
- One Day: When One Day is selected, a data field will be displayed. To include existing attendance on the One Day report, enter the appropriate date.
- One Month: When One Month is selected, enter an attendance month (att month) in the box to print dates. If the month is set to zero, no dates will be printed.
- Reporting Period: When Reporting Period is selected, choose the reporting period from the drop-down list.
- Specific Term – Select from school terms
- Student Filter - Select:
- Currently Enrolled - Students who are currently enrolled in that section under Student Classes
- Enrolled During Day, Month, or Reporting Period Selected - Students who were enrolled according to Course Attendance dates
- Schedule Type – From Master Schedule or Scheduling Master Schedule
- Sort Report by – Options for the order to print – Teacher/Section or Teacher/Period
- Enter Track – Enter the attendance track to print if not all
- Print Additional Lines – Will print additional lines at the bottom of the roster to add students not listed
- Print Shading – Shades every other row for ease of viewing
- Restart Number on New Page – Each teacher roster will begin with Page 1
- Print Phone Number – The student’s phone number will print on the Class Roster
- Print Signature Line – Prints a signature line for the teacher to sign after absences are verified
- Print Signature Time? – Adds Time under the signature line
- Print Student Aliases – Prints the student’s alias name
- Skip Teacher Assistants –Teacher Assistants will not be included on rosters
- Include Sections From Other Schools - Sections from other schools will also print when the Teacher Multi-School Attendance feature has been configured and sections are linked to Staff IDs in the current school TCH table.
- Hide Attendance – Will not print any student’s absences that have already been entered
- Add fields to the printout – Allows specific fields to be selected for printing. However, there may be insufficient space to print all fields and the phone number
- Select Sections to Print – Rosters can be filtered for selection by: Teacher, Section, Period, Course, Subject Area, Department or Room
Additionally, the Select Sections to Print section will allow searching for sections, courses, or teacher names. Click on a choice under Filter By: to see filter options. In the example below, Teacher has been clicked. Filter boxes display over the Teacher Name list and Section list.
The Teacher Name field allows for full or partial name searching. Type in a full or partial word and click on the Filter button:
The Section filter allows for one or multiple section numbers separated by commas or spaces. Type in one or more section numbers and click the Filter button:
Additionally, the Course filter can be used to search for a word:
The filter will select all filtered sections, but one or more can be selected from the list, using Shift-click (to select a sequence) or Ctrl-click (to select individual sections). Once the section or sections needed are selected, click the Run Report button.
The following is an example of a Class Roster Report printed with shading. Students with an asterisk (*) next to their name indicate the student has a Safe Schools Act (SSA) date populated in the STU.SD field.
Printing the One Day Report with Instructional Model Included
To include the student's Instructional Model on the report, select Print For: One Day, enter the specific date to print, and check the Include Student Instructional Model checkbox:
The report will include existing instructional models for the selected date: