Table of Contents
- Districts need the ability to define multiple relationships between Contacts and Students.
- Districts need a way to specify the data required according to the type of Contact, instead of having all fields available for all Contacts
- The Parent/Guardian information that appears on the Student Information page needs to always be the same as the Parent/Guardian Contact information
- Information for a Parent/Guardian Contact needs to be synced across all Students related to that Contact.
- Schools need the ability to hide Contact information from the Parent/Teacher portals or other Users.
Changes & Differences from Existing Functionality ↑
|Aeries Classic||Aeries Next Gen|
|State Reporting||State Reporting|
|Data Entry||Data Entry|
|Contact Types||Contact Types|
Wireframe Concepts ↑
A Contact Record will only exist once and contain demographic and contact information specific to this Contact. This record can then have different relationships to different Students
The Relationships to students will be defined in a separate table.
Based on the options in the Realtionship table for Contact Type the Contact will display differently for each associated Student, but there is only one Contact Record.
Plan Summary ↑
- Our goal is to provide Districts with a Contacts Management model that allows greater flexibility to adapt to the modern family. It will also grant more granular control of the relationship between a Contact and a specific Student.
- When viewing a Students’ Contacts we want to make it visually meaningful, so the user can tell at a glance who is the Contact and how are they related to the Student, along with the ability to order the Contacts they way the customer prefers.
- Districts will be able to customize the Data Entry forms to capture the information they need.
- We want to make communication easier for Districts by letting them customize the priority of Contacts, allowing Contacts to designate how they want to be contacted and providing a quick way to send messages according to the Contact’s preferences.