An elementary school has the ability to use a master schedule next year and can begin the scheduling process during the previous school year instead of waiting until the new school year is created.
In the Elementary school, navigate to Scheduling Process > Configurations > Scheduling Setup.
To activate the Scheduling tables, select Scheduling Students into classes for next school year, using their grade level next year.
NOTE: If the school plans to use Section Staff Only, the Flex Feature Flag must be enabled prior to initializing Scheduling. Contact Aeries Support in order to enable this feature that is currently in BETA testing.
|Scheduling Master (SMS)||Read|
|View SMS page|
Permissions to this table should be assigned conservatively.
|Scheduling Master (SMS)||Build the SMS table using the SMS Board. In SMS Board, use the SMS Builder to add courses to the SMS table.|
|Use the Mass Add Course Requests form to mass add classes to the student's schedule.|
|Ensure that all courses being offered to students are contained within the course table.|
To begin with the initialization process:
- Select Scheduling students into classes for the next school year, using their grade level next year
- Select any Scheduling Options if necessary
- Select Blank out the SSS table
- Select Blank out the SMS table.
- Selecting these options will create an empty Scheduling Master Schedule table also known as SMS which is used to build out your Master Schedule for next year and will create an empty Course Requests page which is also used for scheduling student courses.
- Click Initialize Scheduling button to start the process. An email will be sent to the user upon completion of this initialization process.
Scheduling Process Dashboard ↑
Scheduling Reports ↑
Copy Scheduling Results to MST/SEC ↑
Converting to Flex Scheduling or Section Staff Only Next Year (Information Only) ↑
If the school is intending to use Flex Scheduling or Section Staff, the following document can be followed.
NOTE: The Section Staff feature is only available for schools configured with a school type of either 'Flexible' or 'Secondary'. Elementary and Elementary w/MST setups do not support the Section Staff only feature and this process will not properly convert the Teacher data (TCH) to Section Staff (SSM).