The biennial Civil Rights Data Submission (CRDC) includes the requirement to report counts of 7-12 grade students who were enrolled in and passed Algebra I at the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
NOTE: The current CRDC Submission is 2020-2021. Steps below must be completed in the 2020-2021 school year database.
The counts are reported in the following CRDC tables:
|CRDC Table||Required Count|
|COUR-4a||Grade 7 Student who Passed Algebra I|
|COUR-4b||Grade 8 Students who Passed Algebra I|
|COUR-7a||High School Students who Passed Algebra I – Grades 9 & 10|
|COUR-7b||High School Students who Passed Algebra I – Grades 11 & 12|
Aeries uses the Testing Pass Status (TPS) table to identify students who passed Algebra I and the grade level when passed. First, courses must be tagged by the district as meeting the Algebra I requirement, then the TPS table can be updated for all students enrolled in tagged courses when the Graduation Status Report is run.
Use the following CRDC form (page 22) to identify valid courses:
|Testing Pass Status (TPS)||Alg1Req (ALG)||Identifies students who passed Algebra I and the grade level|
|Alg I Grade Passed (AGR)|
|Courses (CRS)||CrsContentGrp (CCG)||Identifies grade 7-12 math courses that meet the Algebra I requirement per the Office of Civil Rights (OCR)|
|AlgReq (ALR)||Indicates that the course meets the Algebra I requirement.|
|AlgCred (ALC)||Indicates the credit requirement for the Algebra I course.|
The code should be added at the district level.
- Navigate to Update Code Table.
- Filter for Table CRS and Field CCG.
- Add a Code and Description for the Algebra I requirement. The district can choose any code and description.
Every applicable Algebra I course that may be taken by students in grade levels 7-12 should be tagged at the district level, including year-long, semester 1 (fall), and semester 2 (spring) courses.
IMPORTANT: All courses in the same Course Content Group (CRS.CCG) should have the same Algebra I completion settings (CRS.ALR and CRS.ALC).
- Navigate to Courses.
- On the General tab, set Content Group to the district-defined Algebra I code.
- On the Other tab:
- Select Meets Alg I Reqmnt.
- Set Alg I Crd Required to 1.00.
Update Algebra I Tag at Middle Schools
Identify Students Who Passed Algebra I
At every school that serves students in grade levels 7-12, update the TPS table for all applicable students.
- Navigate to Reports > Graduation Status List by Student.
- Click Run Report.
- When run, each student's total credits received is checked for the minimum required credit (CRS.ALC) in qualifying courses that have Meets Alg I Reqmnt (CRS.ALR) selected. The TPS fields are updated accordingly.
The following queries list students flagged as having passed Algebra I. Any changes to TPS data must be made through Query Change, because there is not an Aeries page for updating TPS data.
- Entire list of students flagged in TPS table:
LIST STU TPS STU.ID STU.LN STU.FN STU.GR TPS.ALG TPS.AGR
- Individual student in the TPS table:
LIST STU TPS STU.ID STU.LN STU.FN STU.GR TPS.ALG TPS.AGR IF ID = XXXXXX
where XXXXXX = internal student ID (STU.ID)
- List of courses where CCG is not blank, or Meets Alg I Reqmnt is True, or Algebra I Crd Required is > 0:
LIST CRS TG CN CO S1 DC CCG ALR ALC IF CCG > " " OR ALR = 1 OR ALC > 0
- List of students with current year (2020-21) Algebra I courses in their transcripts and their resulting TPS status.
- Select Include Inactives when running this query.
- Send query results to Excel to review various transcript scenarios.
- This query depends on courses being updated with the Algebra I tags noted in the above directions, and the Graduation Status List by Student Report must already be run. The query is limited to 2020-21 transcript records.
LIST STU HIS CRS TPS STU.ID STU.LN STU.FN STU.GR HIS.YR HIS.TE HIS.CN CRS.CO CRS.CCG CRS.ALR CRS.ALC HIS.MK HIS.AMK HIS.CC TPS.ALG TPS.AGR BY STU.LN STU.FN HIS.YR HIS.TE HIS.CN IF HIS.YR = 20 AND ( CRS.CCG > " " OR CRS.ALR = 1 OR CRS.ALC > 0 )