This page identifies students who do not meet the 90% attendance requirement for receiving course credit (Texas Education Code § 25.092) and updates the course mark and/or credit for selected students accordingly.
This process should be completed for each reporting period in order to identify students who are not in compliance. Early warning lists can be generated to identify students who are in jeopardy of losing credit and facilitate interventions.
NOTE: Coaches can set threshold in Aeries Analytics that shows this aggregated attendance data.
The Attendance Based Grade Reporting page is located under Grade Reporting > Functions.
- Before using this page, be sure the Initialize New Grade Reporting Cycle process has been run, which creates a new GRD table for the current mark.
- The Grade Reporting - Update Grade Reporting Absence Totals process should be recently run.
- Under Attendance Percentage, enter the Low/High Percentage values. In most cases these will be 0 and 89.99 respectively, allowing you to identify students whose attendance percentage is below 90%.
- Select Include Inactive Students if applicable.
- Click Save Setup if you wish to save these settings for future use.
- Click Load Students to view students whose attendance meets the specified criteria.
The program divides the number of days the student was present (GRD.PR) by the number enrollment days (GRD.EN) to determine the attendance Percent for each GRD record. The data is loaded into a temporary table and displayed on the View Data tab.
The View Data tab automatically opens once the Load Data process is completed. Students who meet the specified criteria are listed.
The student list includes the course where the student has attendance within the specified percentage, and the current Mark if applicable.
- In the Update column (Attendance Based Grade flag (GRD.ABG)), select Y to tag the student, indicating that the student's GRD record will be updated according to values set on the Updatetab.
- Click Tag All to set the Update column to Y for all listed students.
- Click Tag None to set the Update column to N for all listed students.
- Click Clear All to clear the Update column for all listed students.
- You can filter the list of students according to your needs:
- Show All Students is the default setting, which displays all students whose GRD records are within the specified percentage range.
- Undetermined Only lists students whose Update field is set to blank (GRD.ABG = ' ').
- Included Only lists students whose Update field is set to Y (GRD.ABG = Y).
- Excluded Only lists students whose Update field is set to N (GRD.ABG = N).
The numbers of identified students are indicated:
- Included displays the count of identified students who are tagged for update (GRD.ABG = Y). These are the students whose records will be updated.
- Undetermined displays the count of identified students who are not tagged (GRD.ABG = ' ').
- Excluded displays the count of identified students who are tagged to not be updated (GRD.ABG = N).
- Total Records displays the count of all identified students.
Indicate the values that should be updated for the Included students:
- Select Set Grade Mark Value and then select a mark in order to update the mark for the Included students. The mark for the course for this grade reporting cycle will be updated to this mark.
- Select Set Credit Value and then enter a credit value (e.g., 0.00) in order to update the credit awarded for the Included students. The student's credit for the course for this grade reporting cycle will be updated to this value.
Click Update. An email message will be sent once the process is complete.